PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats sign pizza maker from North Dakota

At least he's tall, and he's gotta be better than Billy the Comedian Murray. So he has that going for him...

For Matty P, less about blocking, more about x-large meat pies

can he rush the passer?

Good athlete, good strength, mobility, speed, great explosion. His wingspan is good but not great, so I see him more as a tweener, a swing guard/tackle if he knows how to play and plays well.

Can he "stretch the defense"?? Hold the "edge"??

Good athlete, good strength, mobility, speed, great explosion. His wingspan is good but not great, so I see him more as a tweener, a swing guard/tackle if he knows how to play and plays well.
He looks like he needs to add a bit more muscle. Same conference as Gunner. Hey, Stephen Neal became a pretty decent OL. This type of guy used to be a Dante Scarnecchia special. We‘ll see.

He looks like he needs to add a bit more muscle. Same conference as Gunner. Hey, Stephen Neal became a pretty decent OL. This type of guy used to be a Dante Scarnecchia special. We‘ll see.
He could I suppose, but he benched it 28 times leaving college which is plenty strong in the upper body. His forty, shuttle, cone were all in the "good" range and his vertical leap was in that "great" range for offensive linemen. He has some tools to work with, he has athleticism... that's something Will Sherman (for example) absolutely doesn't possess, so it's good to add more depth of talent to the practice squad and see what he can do. I never offer guarantees on rookies, but one almost certainty is that a lack of athleticism is a nonstarter.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back