PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats should draft a pure passrush 4-3 DE

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
considering the Pats like to go between the 3-4 and 4-3, I think the Patriots should look into drafting a pure 4-3 pass rushing DE, possibly with their 3rd round pick. lets face it none of their Dlinemen are that fast and sometimes when they go with the 4-3 the pass rush isnt always there. Just imagine if the Pats could find like a Mark Anderson or Elvis Dummervil situational pass rush type type later in the draft who can get you close to double digit sacks. I think it could really improve on what the Pats can do.

I think that's exactly what Jarvis Green is.

Green is a decent pass rusher, but Im talking about a pure speed pass rusher. Its hard to always find guys who are versatile, this guy would be someone who can just get after the QB when the team switches to a 4-3.

considering the Pats like to go between the 3-4 and 4-3, I think the Patriots should look into drafting a pure 4-3 pass rushing DE, possibly with their 3rd round pick. lets face it none of their Dlinemen are that fast and sometimes when they go with the 4-3 the pass rush isnt always there. Just imagine if the Pats could find like a Mark Anderson or Elvis Dummervil situational pass rush type type later in the draft who can get you close to double digit sacks. I think it could really improve on what the Pats can do.

a ton of ppl in here (including me) wanted mark anderson last yr
however i wanted him as an olb
not a de
jarvis green is fine in that de pass rushing role

Maybe if Pats select a Jarvis Moss or a Antony Spencer, they will have a guy who pass the rusher in a 3-4 and in a 4-3..

Because drafting a rusher who will only play on 4-3 situations (3rd down) would not pass BB's "versatility" test .

Last year that player's name was Tully Banta-Cain.

If this is meant to be an April Fool's post, it's clever, but rather late in the day.

I think you're dead on with this one.

Last year that player's name was Tully Banta-Cain.

Exactly. So, what RT26 is asking is to have a replacement for TBC ar OLB, who can play DE on 4-3.

Btw, Jarvis Green plays also DT in 4-3 formation.

Exactly. So, what RT26 is asking is to have a replacement for TBC ar OLB, who can play DE on 4-3.

Btw, Jarvis Green plays also DT in 4-3 formation.

Are you sure? Cuz that makes no sense. Green is listed at 285 while Seymour is listed at 310 and Warren is listed at 300. Last time I checked the bigger players play DT in the 4-3 so it should be Green and Warren at DE and Seymour and Wilfork at DT.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back