PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats possibly looking at Courtney Upshaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
NE all over the place in last few days. I like it.

I'm really not sure why they are looking at bringing him in. Hes so-so.

You have Shea Mcclellin signing yesterday to help with ILB and a little of OLB.

I am openly wondering if the team is doubting that it can sign High AND Collins AND Butler.

Captain Stone will be happy to hear this.

I'm really not sure why they are looking at bringing him in. Hes so-so.

You have Shea Mcclellin signing yesterday to help with ILB and a little of OLB.

I am openly wondering if the team is doubting that it can sign High AND Collins AND Butler.

Well the only guys that they've signed for longer than one year are Hogan and McClellin. In all reality the Cooper trade, Long and Bennett will leave the Pats with the same holes next year, assuming they are gone after a year. So there is a ton of room to sign whomever they want.

I'm not buying it. He'd be a really weird fit in a 4-3, given his complete inability to get to the QB. I think I'd just rather put Easley there in situations where they want a little extra run-stuffing ability.

He was awful last year.

Well the only guys that they've signed for longer than one year are Hogan and McClellin. In all reality the Cooper trade, Long and Bennett will leave the Pats with the same holes next year, assuming they are gone after a year. So there is a ton of room to sign whomever they want.

Possibly. If they want any shot at keeping all three I think they need to sign two in the next ~months and use the tag on the other in 2017 as I think one of the three is hell-bent on hitting the market.

Last edited:
I'm not buying it. He'd be a really weird fit in a 4-3, given his complete inability to get to the QB. I think I'd just rather put Easley there in situations where they want a little extra run-stuffing ability.

He's slow and his technique is poor. He looked good in college because of his grown man strength and being able to toss around those OL like rag dolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes