Pats headsets didn't work on Sunday, not mentioned at all during the broadcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeTedWilliams

RIP NEM
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Patriots 'Forced To Go Old School' After Headsets Stop Working Against The Bengals

Remember Tomlin crying about it, apparently the Pats just said "F&*k it" and just used hand signals for both offense and defense. Also they have abandoned the Microsoft tablets because they never work either.

Imagine if the reverse were true? The Pats would be looking at another Wells investigation.

I would die laughing if BB did a commercial for ipads.

I have the plot, the commercial opens with the video of BB bashing that surface on the sidelines and saying something about how he only uses reliable products. Then a close up of BB secretly pulling an ipad out from underneath his hoodie.

I watched another game two weekends ago where one team lost their headset communication and no big deal after it was mentioned. They just moved on from it like it was just one of those things . . .:rolleyes:

I'm used to the 'cheaters' talk now anyway. Whatever. If the world wants to think that's what it is, then let them. We know better around here.

It is hard to believe that none of the announcers nor anybody in the control room noticed. It was obvious when the camera went to sideline shots that the Patriots were using hand signals (several times with Matt Patricia in particular).

Dan Fouts was too busy whining about...errr...pointing out the penalties the officials missed on the Pats like he does every game.

Seriously, can we just get Trent Green and whoever he does the game with?

Patriots 'Forced To Go Old School' After Headsets Stop Working Against The Bengals

Remember Tomlin crying about it, apparently the Pats just said "F&*k it" and just used hand signals for both offense and defense. Also they have abandoned the Microsoft tablets because they never work either.

Imagine if the reverse were true? The Pats would be looking at another Wells investigation.

I would die laughing if BB did a commercial for ipads.

I have the plot, the commercial opens with the video of BB bashing that surface on the sidelines and saying something about how he only uses reliable products. Then a close up of BB secretly pulling an ipad out from underneath his hoodie.

and then the commerical ends with him smashing the Ipad because they function on a closed economic system and the only thing you can do on them are things apple approves of, and your unable to build in any sort of security to it, essentially making it worthless for what the nfl uses them for.

Because it doesn't serve any purpose for the haters/conspiracy theorists.

Let me go ahead and type out the rest of the leagues fan bases excuse's for them:

"The Patriots planned for this to happen to throw the league off the scent of their constant cheating. They worked all week on hand signals and getting the plays in without the use of the communications system. It's not the same disadvantage for them because they were prepared because they knew it was coming. Typical Belichick/cheaters"

That should about take care of it for them.

I saw a few comments that said the Pats were trying to hack Cinci's headsets but it "backfired." Pure s**t. And I love how there are no national headlines about it... of course

Wow...I refuse to believe this is real.

It was probably hard for the broadcasters to notice since the Pats just got on with business. Maybe if they whined, cried, and complained like other teams do it would have gotten some play on the air.

I just sent this email to Deadspin:

Hi,

Here is a link to an article about how the Patriots headsets stopped working in Sunday's game against the Bengals:

Since you gave so much coverage to this same incident when it happened to the Steelers when they were playing the Patriots last year, I figured this is something that you would be interested in reporting on again.

http://deadspin.com/what-exactly-happened-with-the-steelers-headsets-1730005682

Enjoy,

Wow...I refuse to believe this is real.
I saw it in a comment on PFT.

At any rate, Bill's the master of misdirection. This, much like Communism, is just a red herring.

"So Bill, why are you a Mac?" "Well you know, it's a good tough smart tablet, does a lot of things well."

Maybe I am wrong by the NFL controls the headsets and is responsible for them during the game, that is why have always felt all that banter about how this happens in Gillette is really stupid.

But makes great talk for the mediots on the NFL network..

Perhaps the Russians hacked our communications system.

Maybe I am wrong by the NFL controls the headsets and is responsible for them during the game, that is why have always felt all that banter about how this happens in Gillette is really stupid.

But makes great talk for the mediots on the NFL network..

I also heard/read somewhere that headset issues are far from uncommon during NFL games, and they happen in many stadiums

But obviously it's only a story if it happens to teams playing the Patriots

It is hard to believe that none of the announcers nor anybody in the control room noticed. It was obvious when the camera went to sideline shots that the Patriots were using hand signals (several times with Matt Patricia in particular).

So they cheated against themselves.... And still won??

I just sent this email to Deadspin:

Hi,

Here is a link to an article about how the Patriots headsets stopped working in Sunday's game against the Bengals:

Since you gave so much coverage to this same incident when it happened to the Steelers when they were playing the Patriots last year, I figured this is something that you would be interested in reporting on again.

http://deadspin.com/what-exactly-happened-with-the-steelers-headsets-1730005682

Enjoy,

They wrote about it!! It was in the Surface tablet context though.

http://deadspin.com/bill-belichick-is-sick-of-those-stupid-microsoft-tablet-1787931452

The author of that article Samer Kalaf claims to be a Patriots fan but he always makes fun of them and calls them cheaters. He's phony as hell.

Hmmm .... was this when OUR OFFENSE STARTED CLICKING?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft