PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats' ball, 1st and goal, who do you put in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evans is a fine blocker, an OK receiver, and a poor runner. In short, he is an NFL fullback.

Disagree.....Evans was pretty awful in short yardage do or dies last year....generally getting stuffed and falling down.......I am not sure yet that he is a lock to make this team yet......on a run play....got to go to Maroney with Big Sey blocking for him......but look for alot of play actions passes at goal line this year with the receiving weapons we have....should be a really fun year.......GO PATS!!!!

Well,I'll put in my vote for Maroney,if he cant get it done consistently in those situations,draft another RB.(I believe he is quite capable).

Disagree.....Evans was pretty awful in short yardage do or dies last year....generally getting stuffed and falling down.......I am not sure yet that he is a lock to make this team yet......on a run play....got to go to Maroney with Big Sey blocking for him......but look for alot of play actions passes at goal line this year with the receiving weapons we have....should be a really fun year.......GO PATS!!!!

If Seymour ever lines up in the back field again I'd say fire Belichick. That experiment failed miserably. Or put a non fullback back there who you want to cut anyways.

Can anyone recall an important short yardage run Maroney has made yet?

I at least listed how he came up short in at least one important 4th and 1 attempt in week 3 last year against Denver.

I guess it's "Show don't tell me" with me.

Last edited:
And if he doesn't make the critical yardage, blame the OL!

If Seymour ever lines up in the back field again I'd say fire Belichick. That experiment failed miserably. Or put a non fullback back there who you want to cut anyways.

Can anyone recall an important short yardage run Maroney has made yet?

I at least listed how he came up short in at least one important 4th and 1 attempt in week 3 last year against Denver.

I guess it's "Show don't tell me" with me.

A Belichick rule for NFL success is the ability to change your game plan from week to week depending on the opponent. That's why versatility is such a desirable trait for a player in BB's plan.

So on the 1st and goal, BB would have analyzed his opponents tendencies and weaknesses to know what his best options are. Just know that what he runs against one opponent, may have no bearing on what the Pats run the following week in the identical situation against another opponent.

I can't believe no one came up with this:

Shotgun, Trips Left, Maroney in the backfield.

QB Draw. They will NEVER see that coming. :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST