PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats and Asante Samuels Holding "Preliminary Talk" per Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warhorse said:
If Asante was smart he'd wait for free agency. Cornerbacks can cash in if they are at the top of the free agency list.

That would be OK for the Pats. Let some other team pay top-dollar and then the Pats can re-sign Asante two years later when he is cut as a cap casualty after a couple of mediocre seasons.

Warhorse said:
If Asante was smart he'd wait for free agency. Cornerbacks can cash in if they are at the top of the free agency list. I know that's not something that the patriot nation believes in but I figure he will take the tag this next season and hit free agency so he can really get his due. I did have a question for Miguel... What changed in the dealings of the franchise tag, something to the effect of after being tagged once or twice, the tag skyrockets? Is that correct?

If a player is tagged a 3rd time, he either gets a 20% increase from his prior year's salary or the highest franchise tag number even if he does not play that position, whichever is highest. Typically, the highest franchise tag number is for QBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes