PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots What Could Have Been: Robert Edwards

Me too...i liked him a lot...pity and sad it finished so quick: 1season 1115 yards

# 47...

I think he is coaching now

Last edited:
Me too.

Then again, if he was healthy, maybe the Pats team plays well enough for Pete Carroll to keep his job, then Bill doesn't come here and then...

Well Maybe.

Was it the Rams game where he got caught from behind instead of going all the way ?

Add me to that list. Getting hurt over a game of flag football ( or something to that extent) during pro bowl week was terrible. I had such high hopes for him especially since I had been so upset with the way Curtis Martin left us !

Me too.

Then again, if he was healthy, maybe the Pats team plays well enough for Pete Carroll to keep his job, then Bill doesn't come here and then...
It's funny how you think of what could've been. I remember being furious at Pete on a MNF game vs the Packers, a SB rematch. Had the ball at the goalline and wouldn't run the ball. (a pattern??). If he wins that, do they go 11-5 and get a buy? Does that keep him safe? He had Curtis Martin on that team! Run the ball, Pete! Glad he didn't learn that lesson.

It's all a scifi movie time line thing. If Edwards doesn't get hurt, if Bledsoe doesn't get wrecked, if Parcells doesn't decide to teach Kraft a lesson... might be a fun off season thread to start.

When I lived down in FL I knew two people who tore their ACL's playing beach volleyball and countless others who tweaked a knee or an ankle. Can't believe anyone ever thought a beach flag football game would be a good idea.

Double post.

It's funny how you think of what could've been. I remember being furious at Pete on a MNF game vs the Packers, a SB rematch. Had the ball at the goalline and wouldn't run the ball. (a pattern??). If he wins that, do they go 11-5 and get a buy? Does that keep him safe? He had Curtis Martin on that team! Run the ball, Pete! Glad he didn't learn that lesson.

It's all a scifi movie time line thing. If Edwards doesn't get hurt, if Bledsoe doesn't get wrecked, if Parcells doesn't decide to teach Kraft a lesson... might be a fun off season thread to start.
Anyway 1993 was a crucial year...the start of "the end of the tunnel"...yes perhaps a thread after the season...

Of all the Georgia rbs that have had great success, crazy that one we drafted would have a freak injury that ruins his career and the other would be mostly a letdown

Add me to that list. Getting hurt over a game of flag football ( or something to that extent) during pro bowl week was terrible. I had such high hopes for him especially since I had been so upset with the way Curtis Martin left us !
Add another reason the pro bowl blows

He possessed Cat lie quickness
Like this

a3709f665eb93b34dcaa20913a4cdf76.jpg

heck, the regular pro bowl is practically flag football...wth did they have to add sand to the mix

In a twisted world maybe Carroll saves his job and Belichick never comes. All things considered I'm glad the Pats declined a bit and Belichick came back

In a twisted world maybe Carroll saves his job and Belichick never comes. All things considered I'm glad the Pats declined a bit and Belichick came back

And polian drafts Brady, and he sits behind manning, retires and sells life insurance....

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back