PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Daily News Thread Patriots Wednesday 10/4/23

Daily news threads with relevant news, stories, video, or additional content around the team. Feel free to contribute anything interesting you come across as well, which will hopefully make these helpful for people to keep up with what's going on with the team by having all the news in one place.
Because they are the ones who dished out the signing bonus, and are the ones eating the majority of this years 12m salary...
Yes. He is playing for veterans minimum this season.. well I guess BB saw what we saw and realized Wade and myles Bryant aren't NFL caliber players.

JC Jackson haven't been good after the surgery and S Diggs just toys with him. Seems like a desperation move meh they are doing the Chargers a favor.
As I've said to @Pape BB is finally realizing Myles away.. and Wade aren't NFL caliber players... this also likely says.. Jon and Jack aren't ready to return. We are just decimated by injury in the secondary.

To fully understand the nature of Gonzalez's injury, if indeed it is a labrum tear, check this out:
I’m just hoping this isn’t something that affects him long term, putting him at higher risk or injuring it again.

They are nfl caliber players... what they aren't are starters...
Wade has been here 3 years.. has done NOTHING impactful with opportunities. Myles in all actuality was playing decently prior to him being asked to play outside. I wish a desperation move can be made at WR like it was at CB..

They are nfl caliber players... what they aren't are starters...

Seriously, Bryant was actually making some decent plays when he wasn't the #1 or #2 corner on the field. You'd be hard pressed to find a better FIFTH CB on any team. Losing your top four is a ridiculous string of bad luck.

Seriously, Bryant was actually making some decent plays when he wasn't the #1 or #2 corner on the field. You'd be hard pressed to find a better FIFTH CB on any team. Losing your top four is a ridiculous string of bad luck.
Agreed. Jack "mysteriously" got hurt right after he got cleared.. IMO I think it's a team suspension.. just my thoughts.. however he's needed at CB.. he and JC could is definitely better than anything else.

Wade has been here 3 years.. has done NOTHING impactful with opportunities. Myles in all actuality was playing decently prior to him being asked to play outside. I wish a desperation move can be made at WR like it was at CB..
as an old friend Jayne Cobb once said - if wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak...

whos free at WR? who could you pry loose with a swap of late round picks like that? The JC Jackson trade - a very fortuitous turn of events that allowed that to happen like it did...

The thing is about WRs unless its directly cash money related, teams usually hang onto those guys because of how important they have become to the game over the past decade or so... I mean we all say we'd like jerry juedy to come here, but what would it cost to pry him out of denver? more than he's worth unfortunately... would like to see an honest attempt to make a run at Tee Higgins this coming up off season... there might be a few other decent players available, but i cant remember who...

Agreed. Jack "mysteriously" got hurt right after he got cleared.. IMO I think it's a team suspension.. just my thoughts.. however he's needed at CB.. he and JC could is definitely better than anything else.

That's a bit too tin-foil hat level conspiracy for me my friend. I think we go with Occam's Razor here: He hurt his hamstring. They were afraid of rushing him back too soon so they IR'd him, figuring they still had Gonzalez (who was having a great camp), Marcus Jones, Jon Jones, Bryant in a reduced role and Mills in an emergency. Still decent at the top and good depth. Then it was just one injury after another. If they wanted to suspend him, they'd just suspend him. Or at the very least make him practice but a healthy scratch each week. He's legitimately hurt, the hope is that he's back sooner rather than later now that's he's eligible.

just no... do not go down that particular type of conspiracy laden rabbit hole... it isn't worth it to your sanity... don't want to be sharing a bunk with Antonio Brown, do you?

simple fact is it affects his long term contract because he has a clause called an injury split - there is no way his agent would ever allow the team to IR him without cause...

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back