PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots vs Bengals Post-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's pathetic is that it takes a "loss" for Patriot fans to finally wake up and recognize the glaring problems that exist all of this team. The Patriots should have stripped BB a long time ago of his GM duties and if he didn't like it, find a new HC then if he wants to have his way that bad.

I've stated for years that the Patriots needed to get Brady a strong wideout and stop depending on these slot receivers and TE's. Get a real ******* wideout instead of trying guys like CJ, Tate, Branch and Lloyd. Now, they sink even further with rookies and won't even re-sign Welker and they had Jennings and Wallace up for grabs in the off season. Words truely don't describe the disgust I have in BB's management duties as a GM. The wideout position has been the biggest hole on this offense for years and teams have exposed it in big playoff games when they shut down the middle of the field and guys like Lloyd and Branch couldn't do their part. Jennings or Wallace could have changed that.

But here we go we're 4-0!!! Even though we played 2 rookie QB's and one QB that was benched along with a struggling Falcons team with a losing record. But nothing is wrong with the Pats. We're 4-0!!!! Everyone wants to be like us. Everyone is jealous of our winning seasons that end up in failure because we can't get an air attack when teams shut down this offense that lacks a wideout who can stretch the field and secondary. We're what everyone wants to be!!! UNTIL the Pats lose a game and now everyone wants to be concerned and see the problems that have been caused due to the horrible off season that just took place. Now people want to pay attention.

Good grief, it shouldn't take a loss to finally see the problems on this team and why they are there. Brady took a freaking pay cut so this team could ADD MORE TALENT. Instead they strip him of anyone who can catch a ball and add an injury prone Wes Welker wannabee that is more brittle then a pretzel. Injuries have been really bad, but this cheap mentality this front office has should have a lot more fans criticizing the philosophy of this front office and what they have done in order to secure a talented enough team for the small window they still have left to win a SB with Tom Brady at QB.

As pathetic posts go this one is a huge winner.

They are the winningest franchise of this era, period. The people crying about their success should really go root for the Broncos.

It's f#cking embarassing to see Denver's weapons on offense compared to Brady's.

Belichick is nothing WITHOUT Brady. Brady is nothing WITH Belichick at GM.

This thread reminds me of that downpour in the fourth quarter.

It's f#cking embarassing to see Denver's weapons on offense compared to Brady's.

Really?

Because Belichick gave Brady weapons and they had the high scoring offense and it ended up in 2 losses in the SB, a one & done and a loss to the Ravens in the AFCC game.

It's also not Belichick's fault his all world TE is Derrick Rosing it right now.

worst decision of the night was to take the 3 points at the 2 yard line.

I would be less mad if the pats ran all 4 downs on 1st and goal from the 1 and failed. no cutesy plays, just mash it forward and let the best line win. settling for a fg sums up the game.

We're 1/4 of the way through the season dude. We could easily in a position to depend on tiebreakers by the end of it. That said, it's not like God annointed the Patriots to go 14-2 or better every year... it's hard for some (others) here to cope with, but sometimes we do lose.

Hopefully we don't make a habit of it, right? And it's heartening to read here about people's impression of the defense. Last thing I wanted to see was that Cincy was marching up the field but we got off the hook by weather-related flukes and the like.

I agree with all of the injuries I don't see them winning 14 games 11 maybe even 12 wins sounds about right I just like this team so far this year because of the defense im hoping they get all the injured players on offense back come playoff time and make a big run, but for now I don't see them beating the saints next week lol

What's pathetic is that it takes a "loss" for Patriot fans to finally wake up and recognize the glaring problems that exist all of this team. The Patriots should have stripped BB a long time ago of his GM duties and if he didn't like it, find a new HC then if he wants to have his way that bad.

I've stated for years that the Patriots needed to get Brady a strong wideout and stop depending on these slot receivers and TE's. Get a real ******* wideout instead of trying guys like CJ, Tate, Branch and Lloyd. Now, they sink even further with rookies and won't even re-sign Welker and they had Jennings and Wallace up for grabs in the off season. Words truely don't describe the disgust I have in BB's management duties as a GM. The wideout position has been the biggest hole on this offense for years and teams have exposed it in big playoff games when they shut down the middle of the field and guys like Lloyd and Branch couldn't do their part. Jennings or Wallace could have changed that.

But here we go we're 4-0!!! Even though we played 2 rookie QB's and one QB that was benched along with a struggling Falcons team with a losing record. But nothing is wrong with the Pats. We're 4-0!!!! Everyone wants to be like us. Everyone is jealous of our winning seasons that end up in failure because we can't get an air attack when teams shut down this offense that lacks a wideout who can stretch the field and secondary. We're what everyone wants to be!!! UNTIL the Pats lose a game and now everyone wants to be concerned and see the problems that have been caused due to the horrible off season that just took place. Now people want to pay attention.

Good grief, it shouldn't take a loss to finally see the problems on this team and why they are there. Brady took a freaking pay cut so this team could ADD MORE TALENT. Instead they strip him of anyone who can catch a ball and add an injury prone Wes Welker wannabee that is more brittle then a pretzel. Injuries have been really bad, but this cheap mentality this front office has should have a lot more fans criticizing the philosophy of this front office and what they have done in order to secure a talented enough team for the small window they still have left to win a SB with Tom Brady at QB.

Go troll at the Jester boards where you belong..

This team isn't really isn't very good.

Eh...

Honestly that seems to be the case. While they are 4-1 they teams they have defeated have a combined record of 5-12 as I type this.

Damn right, other than the winningest QB of his time. That aside he sucks with Belichick.

And what is actually "f#cking embarassing" is the whining from you and all of the other b.tch posters. That's really embarassing.

Really and truly pathetic, possibly the biggest bandwagon fans in all of sports.

Amendola's gotta get that ball in on the goal line. Not getting a touchdown there was killer.

Next weekends game against the Saints will actually prepare the Pats against a team like Denver. Both teams have a very similar make up in terms of how they attack opposing defenses.

I agree with all of the injuries I don't see them winning 14 games 11 maybe even 12 wins sounds about right I just like this team so far this year because of the defense im hoping they get all the injured players on offense back come playoff time and make a big run, but for now I don't see them beating the saints next week lol

As I've said before:

Pats, first eight games of the season, under Belichick (including 2013): 72–37
Pats, last eight games of the season: 83–21
Next best team over last eight games of the season (Packers): 70–34

I'm POed at the loss, but I'm still encouraged for the rest of the year.

Revisionism much? Until he broke his forearm, the only injury time he had in three years was after F***nard Pollard tried to take him out.

He was injured in 2011, 2012, and now 2013. How is that revisionism?

I'm not calling the guy a nancy. When he plays, he's the best TE in football and he STILL has potential to be the greatest ever. But there were health concerns coming out of college and there's a few now. If we still had Hernandez, this would not be as big of a deal, particularly if we also had a Welker and another WR on the outside that was reliable.

My point was that we don't have a Welker or other more reliable WR/TE component, so offensive sputters were bound to happen.

This is, of course, absolutely correct. As I said before, that was why there were so many threads (some of them quite venomous) about it.

We should have expected a loss like this. Equally, we're still very much in the picture. But we shouldn't expect to win by averaging 30 points a game. We're going to need our defense to keep being awesome and we are still in the running for that Superbowl thing people make such a big deal about. WR corps is just not one of our strengths. And it was never going to be.

Honestly that seems to be the case. While they are 4-1 they teams they have defeated have a combined record of 5-12 as I type this.

Go look at all the other teams that were undefeated coming into today, the only one that had a win over a winning team was the Saints.

He was injured in 2011, 2012, and now 2013. How is that revisionism?

I'm not calling the guy a nancy. When he plays, he's the best TE in football and he STILL has potential to be the greatest ever. But there were health concerns coming out of college and there's a few now. If we still had Hernandez, this would not be as big of a deal, particularly if we also had a Welker and another WR on the outside that was reliable.

My point was that we don't have a Welker or other more reliable WR/TE component, so offensive sputters were bound to happen.

This is, of course, absolutely correct. As I said before, that was why there were so many threads (some of them quite venomous) about it.

We should have expected a loss like this. Equally, we're still very much in the picture. But we shouldn't expect to win by averaging 30 points a game. We're going to need our defense to keep being awesome and we are still in the running for that Superbowl thing people make such a big deal about. WR corps is just not one of our strengths. And it was never going to be.

2011 was at the end of the game. You can't stop from spraining your ankle sometimes. He made it through his first 46 games unscathed.

Next weekends game against the Saints will actually prepare the Pats against a team like Denver. Both teams have a very similar make up in terms of how they attack opposing defenses.

Before we start thinkin about Saints we must first be ALL be healthy and then be insync on offense and I dont mean J Timberlake & boys.

As I've said before:

Pats, first eight games of the season, under Belichick (including 2013): 72–37
Pats, last eight games of the season: 83–21
Next best team over last eight games of the season (Packers): 70–34

I'm POed at the loss, but I'm still encouraged for the rest of the year.

Agreed. I think that Gronk can be the difference maker. Some people are trying to say we will still suck but I disagree. You get Gronk and Ridley back and our offense is more than capable of putting up 30 points here and there.

How many Patriots drops were there today?

Frankly, not nearly as much as the Fins did today, Wallace alone dropped more pass today than all our receivers combined lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents