Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
The team started doing this a few years ago which I still find ridiculous. It all began when people started griping about preseason games being priced the same as regular-season games. So, of course, Bob isn't going to simply drop prices to give us a break. He dropped prices for preseason game tix all right, which looks great. And he RAISED prices for certain regular-season games depending on "quality" of opponent to make up the difference.

The problem with this is there's no way to tell before the season starts who the truly "quality" opponents ultimately are going to be, or whether the higher ticket prices for one game actually will get you what you're paying for vs. other games. OK, so the Chiefs season opener can justifiably be a higher price because it's the banner-raising night. But the rest of it just seems a way of shifting $$$ around to make it "seem" like season ticket holders are paying less for preseason games.

My seats are at mezzanine level which is roughly mid-level pricing. Here is how tickets are classified for the 2017 season:

Two preseason games -- $57 each.
Four "Premier" games (Jete, Bills, Chargers, Panthers) -- $117 each.
Two "Marquee" games (Texans, Dolphins) -- $123 each.
Two "Elite" games (Chiefs, Falcons) -- $171 each.

The one saving grace is that season tix prices didn't go up this season ... I think. They usually increase every three years or so. To me, it would make more sense to go ahead and leave the preseason game tix at cheaper face value but make all regular-season games the same price.

Here's a link for ticket pricing in other parts of Gillette: http://www.patriots.com/sites/patriots.com/files/2017_seatingmap_pricing.pdf

Last edited:
INOW "NFL Parity" is just a feel good concept....

Jets do the same thing.

It supposedly helps with resale. Been a couple years since I've had tickets, but mine were $160 each on average. Who the hell is paying $160 for a week 4 preseason game vs Philly (Jets always play Philly preseason week 4)?

No one is. And at the time (maybe it's changed recently), the Ticket Exchange website wouldn't allow you to sell below face. Which meant it was damn near impossible to dump those tickets without using StubHub and the additional 25% fees.

It's still a ripoff regardless, but at least they did something. Plus a common thing is for a buyer and seller to agree to just buy/sell for face value. Now the seller can make a few extra bucks in those scenarios for regular season games.

What I find obnoxiously annoying are the classifications of the regular season games. "Premier", "Marquee", and "Elite"? Give it a rest with the BS marketing.

Fine, I know they won't say "crap", "average" and "great". But what about just "Standard", "Highlighted" and "Premiere"?

It's that type of gimmicky salesmanship that has me questioning whether or not to buy tickets again. It's like they're marketing to idiots.

What's next? Daily tweets and hats that say "Make Season Tickets Great Again"?

Last edited:
Jets do the same thing.

It supposedly helps with resale. Been a couple years since I've had tickets, but mine were $160 each on average. Who the hell is paying $160 for a week 4 preseason game vs Philly (Jets always play Philly preseason week 4)?

No one is. And at the time (maybe it's changed recently), the Ticket Exchange website wouldn't allow you to sell below face. Which meant it was damn hear impossible to dump those tickets without using StubHub and the additional 25% fees.

It's still a ripoff regardless, but at least they did something. Plus a common thing is for a buyer and seller to agree to just buy/sell for face value. Now the seller can make a few extra bucks in those scenarios for regular season games.

What I find obnoxiously annoying are the classifications of the regular season games. "Premier", "Marquee", and "Elite"? Give it a rest with the BS marketing.

Fine, I know they won't say "crap", "average" and "great". But what about just "Standard", "Highlighted" and "Premiere"?

It's that type of gimmicky salesmanship that has me questioning whether or not to buy tickets again. It's like they're marketing to idiots.

What's next? Daily tweets and hats that say "Make Season Tickets Great Again"?
Are the Jets classifications "Horrific, terrible, mediocre, and hope?"

I remember pre-2009(the year I got season tickets) they would offer regular season games to those lucky enough to get through on line or phone on a particular day. They made you buy 2 preseason game with each regular season game. Made it double price for me because I would rarely go to a preseason game because they were often week nights and Its a 3 hour trip to the stadium for me. They also used to offer standing room only tickets. Do they still do that? I got a few of those back in he day.....actually got to see the Pats beat the Colts 20-3 in that 2004 playoff game with those. ok

Elitegate - Without looking we all know every team that has the Patriots on their schedule that game is without doubt in elite game category (every year). If every road game the Patriots play is the 'super bowl' to the opponent and their fans it is an unfair advantage against the opposing teams. You see the Patriots get to play 8 super bowls before the February bowl. We all saw how hyped up Atlanta was in the first 3 quarters last year. Eric Decker dances after every single play before gasping for air in the 4th quarter while on the big stage. But to THE elite Pats.....just another day at the office. This is an unfair advantage to the Patriots (those big bad cheaters). Elitegate! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I don't really care how much my regular season tickets cost. The preseason full cost tickets were my real complaint. How they could charge me for 2 fake games at full price was simply grand theft. With the new pricing structure, I can skip or give away the preseason games and not feel guilty. If I don't want to attend a game during the regular season, I can sell the tickets at face value.

I like the new structure much more than the old.

In regards to ticket prices for the Patriots on the road, here's an example. Right now on Ticketmaster resales for the Pats at Tampa start at $150 each for the worst seats, $230 for upper deck between the 40 yard lines, $300 for end zone seats, and up from there.

Tickets in Miami are in the same ballpark, slightly higher.

New England Patriots at Tampa Bay Buccaneers Tampa Tickets | New England Patriots at Tampa Bay Buccaneers Raymond James Stadium Thursday, October 5, 2017 | NFL Ticket Exchange by Ticketmaster

New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins Miami Tickets | New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins Hard Rock Stadium Monday, December 11, 2017 | NFL Ticket Exchange by Ticketmaster

Would be nice to see the Pats live on the road, but not at those prices.

It's a shell game and I'm fine with it......Especially when overall cost does not increase.

And to think when I first got my season tickets in 1992 they were $23 a piece for sec 223 around the 10 or 15 yard line Pats side, south end end zone, second level...

In regards to ticket prices for the Patriots on the road, here's an example. Right now on Ticketmaster resales for the Pats at Tampa start at $150 each for the worst seats, $230 for upper deck between the 40 yard lines, $300 for end zone seats, and up from there.

Tickets in Miami are in the same ballpark, slightly higher.

New England Patriots at Tampa Bay Buccaneers Tampa Tickets | New England Patriots at Tampa Bay Buccaneers Raymond James Stadium Thursday, October 5, 2017 | NFL Ticket Exchange by Ticketmaster

New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins Miami Tickets | New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins Hard Rock Stadium Monday, December 11, 2017 | NFL Ticket Exchange by Ticketmaster

Would be nice to see the Pats live on the road, but not at those prices.

Come tailgate in Jersey. An hour before kickoff just use StubHub for seats in the LSL sections. 1st level, 30ydln-15ydln seats, quick exit from the stadium, safer area for opposing fans so long as they're not too disrespectful, great access to bathrooms and concessions as well in those areas w/o lines.

Average face value is around $160 for those (my old section) and 10k PSL so it keeps out a lot of the riff-raff. Not sure what variable pricing would be... Maybe like $210.

Weeks prior to the game you'll probably see $350+ prices. Just sip your beer and wait until an hour before kickoff. You'll get great tickets for under $100.

Unless of course Hackenberg is good. Then all bets are off. You'd be looking at $400+.

This helps selling the crappy pre-season game tickets on the exchange. We have never used stubhub for fear that our tickets would be revoked. Also hopefully will make it easier to sell tickets to the game or two my family can't make it to every season.

This helps selling the crappy pre-season game tickets on the exchange.
Are you sure about this? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the Patriots don't allow preseason tickets on the exchange, only regular-season tix.

Two preseason games -- $57 each.
Four "Premier" games (Jete, Bills, Chargers, Panthers) -- $117 each.
Two "Marquee" games (Texans, Dolphins) -- $123 each.
Two "Elite" games (Chiefs, Falcons) -- $171 each.

Just thinking out loud here. They probably have a business model that incorporates a fixed dollar amount of revenue they expect from ticket sales. Rather than taking that average (lets just say $140) and utilize that across the board, they will lower prices on some and sell others at a premium to make the crappier games more affordable and attractive to attend.

I guess it doesn't really matter that much when all these games are sold out.

As far as the pre-season tickets being expensive. Does it not cost the patriots almost as much to host a game regardless of this being pre-season or not?

plenty of nose bleed seats available. they might sell out but there have been empty seats in our section for years now. I'm assuming that if the scalpers can't sell them they just keep them?

Just thinking out loud here. They probably have a business model that incorporates a fixed dollar amount of revenue they expect from ticket sales. Rather than taking that average (lets just say $140) and utilize that across the board, they will lower prices on some and sell others at a premium to make the crappier games more affordable and attractive to attend.

I guess it doesn't really matter that much when all these games are sold out.

As far as the pre-season tickets being expensive. Does it not cost the patriots almost as much to host a game regardless of this being pre-season or not?
Ticket sales per se is irrelevant in this case since the entire stadium is soldout to season ticket holders. It's just window dressing to make it seem like preseason game tickets are cheaper, which they are on printed face value but really aren't as part of a season ticket package. The only place this tiered pricing system really matters is on the secondary market.

It isn't done for STHers since it doesn't effect STHers. It's a way for teams to get more value for selling tickets after STHers have gotten theirs.

Let's face it, it would be silly to price a preseason game for the same amount as the Chiefs game.

Ticket sales per se is irrelevant in this case since the entire stadium is soldout to season ticket holders. It's just window dressing to make it seem like preseason game tickets are cheaper, which they are on printed face value but really aren't as part of a season ticket package. The only place this tiered pricing system really matters is on the secondary market.
There are seats held back from sales to STHers. So it isn't true to say the entire stadium is soldout to STHers.

Come tailgate in Jersey. An hour before kickoff just use StubHub for seats in the LSL sections. 1st level, 30ydln-15ydln seats, quick exit from the stadium, safer area for opposing fans so long as they're not too disrespectful, great access to bathrooms and concessions as well in those areas w/o lines.

Average face value is around $160 for those (my old section) and 10k PSL so it keeps out a lot of the riff-raff. Not sure what variable pricing would be... Maybe like $210.

Weeks prior to the game you'll probably see $350+ prices. Just sip your beer and wait until an hour before kickoff. You'll get great tickets for under $100.

Unless of course Hackenberg is good. Then all bets are off. You'd be looking at $400+.
I've done pretty much just that several times here in Florida. Wait until the final hour before kickoff (or even after kickoff), and get a ticket at face value or less. I go prepared with a price in mind and if I don't get it, I walk away.

Obviously the chances of that strategy working are going to vary wildly from the stadiums like those here that don't sell out, to others like Foxboro, Washington, Green Bay, etc.

Problem for me this year is that my kids - who have never seen the Pats live - want very much to go, with the knowledge that this will be the last time they can see Tom Brady live (unless they plan a trek to Miami, several hours away). They wanted to get tickets for all of us (as a birthday/father's day gift for me) but I don't want to see them spend that kind of money on crappy seats, or exorbitantly more on decent seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back