PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots v. Carolina Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are favored by 13.5. Sounds a bit high.

hey atleast panthers fans travel well.... to other mb's

check out carolinahuddle.com for smack talk or general football convo.

atleast this game will be fun to watch. I hope Julius is a little PO'd due to the fact that belicheck thought he was worth a 2nd

dont know much about matt moore but i was concerned they would start aj feely. We know how he has fared against us.

This is what I think will happen. Feely will have a carreer day and

beat us.

A few Panther links for those interested in finding out more of what to expect from Sunday's opponent. Perhaps the visiting Carolina fans can offer their opinion on the best sources for info.

Team Web Site: Carolina Panthers

Newspaper: Charlotte Observer, Raleigh News and Observer

Fan Forums: Carolina Huddle, Carolina Growl, Panthers Fanz

From what I've read I guess Tampa Bay had some success with short crossing routes, which has to make Wes Welker smile. Almost all the Panther fans seem to believe they have a better chance with moore than with Delhomme, who has become a turnover machine; they also think their defense will have a better chance with Moore due to fewer turnovers. Sounds like they also have a familiar topic: problems in the red zone. But it looks like the key for the pats will be to stop DeAngelo Williams.

The Panthers are my second favorite NFL team (live in NC) and I can tell you Stewart and Williams are about as good as you're going to see in the NFL. These two are amazing to watch. I think Matt Moore is a better QB than Jake, he is just inexperienced. If Jake were playing on Sunday, I'd guarantee a Patriot win. Fox is rarely blown out of a game, but his offense can't score very well. If the Pats go aggressive on O (lots of slants and middle of the field throws), this one will get ugly quick for the Panthers. If the Pats stop the run up the middle effectively on D, then this game will be a cake walk.

I'll be glad if Bill Cowher is named the Panthers head coach next year. I've cheered against him all these years, so it will be strange to say the least.

I'm hoping Wilfork and Warren come out punching people in the face. Same goes for the OL. Hopefully Mt. Volmer is back.

I wouldn't be so down on delhomme/moore and smith. the pats made henne and bess look like pro-bowlers last week. then again, the pats aren't on the road.

The Panthers are my second favorite NFL team (live in NC) and I can tell you Stewart and Williams are about as good as you're going to see in the NFL. These two are amazing to watch. I think Matt Moore is a better QB than Jake, he is just inexperienced. If Jake were playing on Sunday, I'd guarantee a Patriot win. Fox is rarely blown out of a game, but his offense can't score very well. If the Pats go aggressive on O (lots of slants and middle of the field throws), this one will get ugly quick for the Panthers. If the Pats stop the run up the middle effectively on D, then this game will be a cake walk.

I'll be glad if Bill Cowher is named the Panthers head coach next year. I've cheered against him all these years, so it will be strange to say the least.

As long as Vince Wilfork is not a scratch, the run generally stays contained. It's the passing game that seems to be the weakness of the 09 Pats defense.

Facing Delhomme would have been nice but looks like he's been supplanted. Hope that the Pats non-existent passrush can get there or this Moore guy could end up looking like a HOFer for a week. That would NOT be good!

Hopefully the locker room after the game is jovial because of a Patriots victory.

Anyone else wanna talk about the game?

Anyone else wanna talk about the game?
Apparently not this week.

Ironic that all year long we blast the media for off the field stories, creating stories, and poor actual football analysis - yet all we want to talk about here this week is somebody being late for work.

With Kaczur questionable, it'll be interesting to see if we're starting Light and Vollmer tomorrow. Might be our chance to stumble into a pretty good lineup.

To me, one of the keys of this game will be turnovers. Brady has been careless with the ball the last couple of games and I would like to see him not throw an INT this game. The Panthers don't need any help.

On the flip side, the Panthers are known to turn the ball over a lot. Hopefully we can get a couple picks and give our defense a much needed confidence boost and our offense a short field to work with.

I will be at the game in 12 hours... second time at Gillette and first since the 2007 AFC Championship. One benefit of all the negative nancies jumping off of the bandwagon - cheap(er) tickets!

I will be at the game in 12 hours... second time at Gillette and first since the 2007 AFC Championship. One benefit of all the negative nancies jumping off of the bandwagon - cheap(er) tickets!

I was at the Dolphin game this year ... 1st time to see the Patriots since 1984 ... preseason vs the Chiefs. Tomorrow I'm going again ... my 10 year olds 1st trip. He's a big Randy Moss fan.

Ok well its Game day I think The Pats Defense will have the Long Waited PASS RUSH ON Today WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I think its going to happen Guys and Gals lets get-er Done.

... or this Moore guy could end up looking like a HOFer for a week. That would NOT be good!

Well, considering how we manage to look every opposing QB look and deliver like a HOFer, I am bracing myself to expect the worst but still get a W. Hopefully they don't upset us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft