PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots v. Carolina Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

thechris

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Super Bowl rematch!

I think that this will be a tough test for the Patriots. The Panthers still have a slim shot for the playoffs and will probably play hard.

Better late than never to see Julius Peppers in Foxboro!

What do ya'll think the Patriots need to focus on to get back to their winning ways?

Three things:
1) Commit to the run game and stick with it, like to see Morris more this week.
2) Avoid costly red zone turnovers, they have been killing this team this year
3) Take the friggin points if you are in FG range!!

Yeah I think Sammy & Maroney could have a good game running the ball. The Panthers run D is giving up more yards than the Pats.

I agree, it seems that the offense has a herky jerky nature to it and can never find a rhythm or when it does it does it for short periods of time (1st part of Indy game, 1st quarter last week) Hopefully they can make a more concentrated effort to get that run going early rather than try to rely on it in the 4th when the primary RB has been riding the bench for the majority of the 2nd half

Last edited:
Put Bodden and Meriweather on Steve Smith, and leave McGowan down in the box to help with the Panthers' running game. Shut down Williams/Stewart and make Delhomme throw it. He'll make enough mistakes for us to win.

Put Bodden and Meriweather on Steve Smith, and leave McGowan down in the box to help with the Panthers' running game. Shut down Williams/Stewart and make Delhomme throw it. He'll make enough mistakes for us to win.

Presumably he would, but I believe that Delhomme's finger is broken and that Matt Moore is supposed to be in again. With Delhomme in, I calculated that the Panthers would show up for about 15 minutes of the game, so that even if the Pats go with their usual (of late) 30-45 minutes, they still win this handily. I'm having a little trouble substituting the Moore variable in the equation, because I don't really know a thing about him. I am assuming he won't match Jake on the INT count, though. :nosmile:

Okay, time for me to whip up a fresh batch of kool-aid for the week so I can go back to thinking the Pats will put in a full 60 this week no matter what! :singing:

Last edited:
Yeah if Matt Moore lights up this defense then something is seriously wrong.

Yeah if Matt Moore lights up this defense then something is seriously wrong.

I was thinking the same thing, if Moore has a good game against the D ill be very disappointed.

I am totally not even thinking about how Henne had his career game against them last week. Nope. Not at all. Not one little bit. LALALALALALA! I can't hear myself!

Actually, I really think they'll be more than fine this game, but I really need to see some fire out of them because the kool-aid is getting a tiny bit weak. ;) I want to hear mediots and other team's fans crying about the PATS RUNNING UP THE SCORE ARROGANT BASTAGES!!!!
cry.gif
again. Music to my ears, it would be! :singing:

Last edited:
Can the Pats Run D slow down Stewart & Williams??

dont know much about matt moore but i was concerned they would start aj feely. We know how he has fared against us.

Wait... we're playing a game this weekend? :eek:

I'm gonna hit Tom and hit him hard, just so you knows ahead of time.

Im pretty good at rib jobs.

I'm gonna hit Tom and hit him hard, just so you knows ahead of time.

Im pretty good at rib jobs.

You should really look into getting those ears pinned back, Julius. Plastic surgery is not that expensive for a player that earns your type of salary. :cool:

Hello, panthers fan here.

If you want to beat the panthers' offense, bring A-gap blitzes. Against the run and the pass.

Last edited:
Hello, panthers fan here.

If you want to beat the panthers' offense, bring A-gap blitzes. Against the run and the pass.

Have you seen us attempt to blitz this year? It's pretty awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes