PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Daily News Thread Patriots Tuesday 11/28/23

Daily news threads with relevant news, stories, video, or additional content around the team. Feel free to contribute anything interesting you come across as well, which will hopefully make these helpful for people to keep up with what's going on with the team by having all the news in one place.

I don’t know who to believe anymore. Reiss says it is a blocking breakdown and Evan Lazar in his breakdown says that was blocked correctly and the free rusher was expected and that Mac should have known that a free rusher was coming and adjust and play accordingly.

I don’t know who to believe anymore. Reiss says it is a blocking breakdown and Evan Lazar in his breakdown says that was blocked correctly and the free rusher was expected and that Mac should have known that a free rusher was coming and adjust and play accordingly.
I'm with Lazar.

I'd take Lazar over Reiss when it comes to diagnosing a play. But I'd take Reiss over Lazar when it comes to reporting news, especially since Lazar now technically works for the Patriots.

The Patriots technically "control their own destiny" for #2 overall. Arizona is ahead of them, but only because they have not had their bye yet so they've lost an additional game. If the Pats lose out and the Cardinals lose out, they'll have the same record, and Arizona will likely have a higher SOS so the Pats will get #2. At least in all likelihood unless some of the teams they have yet to play drastically change their records. The Cardinals currently already have a higher SOS, and their remaining games have an overall SOS of about .625. The Patriots' remaining opponents have an overall SOS of about .522.

Interestingly, if the Panthers win 1 more game and the Saints, Falcons and Bucs all collectively accumulate a few wins to raise the Panther's remaining SOS, the Pats could end up with #1 overall based on SOS.

Last edited:
with all due respect to Mike Reiss, he seems to have become a Mac Jones apologist.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back