PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots sign vet K Matthew Wright to PS

Absolute joke... It's confessing your drafted kicker was a waste... Does this really matter? If you can't score tds the extra points don't exist. The offense can't even get into field goal range consistently
It's confessing we drafted at least two kickers who no team was going to draft as high as we did that both didn't pan out.

Like not for nothing, if you are going to reach for a kicker of all players, they should almost be automatic. We were better off getting one as a UDFA

Most of this board is declaring Ryland’s career over after 11 games. It’s absurd. NFL history is littered with kickers who struggled early on, but who then went on to have long careers in the league. Ryland may indeed end up being a bust, but he also may also get his **** together and excel. He certainly has the leg talent to be a top kicker.

Last edited:
Most of this board is declaring Ryland’s career over after 11 games. It’s absurd. NFL history is littered with kickers who struggled early on, but who then went on to have long careers in the league. Ryland may indeed end up being a bust, but he also may also get his **** together and excel. He certainly has the leg talent to be a top kicker.
But... but... but... but... I MUST CALL OUT BILL FOR BEING AN IDIOT!

None of these guys care that the kid struggles. They care that the GM who they detest reached on a kicker and was wrong. Ryland is the least of the problem with this team.

But... but... but... but... I MUST CALL OUT BILL FOR BEING AN IDIOT!

None of these guys care that the kid struggles. They care that the GM who they detest reached on a kicker and was wrong. Ryland is the least of the problem with this team.
All Pats fans should care that the GM reached (pretty far btw) on a kicker and is wrong, dead wrong. And it's not the first time. Ryland is actually a poster child for Bill's poor drafting.

This board has always been full of people looking for something/someone to blame for why they feel bad. I use alcohol. My thoughts aren't worth much otherwise, but some here think they are the 2nd coming of Ernie Adams when they are just an outhouse version of Ernie from The Muppets.

All Pats fans should care that the GM reached (pretty far btw) on a kicker and is wrong, dead wrong. And it's not the first time. Ryland is actually a poster child for Bill's poor drafting.
Well, I don't disagree, per se. What do disagree with is guys constantly harping on it. The constant harangue is beyond ridiculous.

Keep banging the drum.
Drumming Drum Sticks GIF by Coach

It was the Niners drafting Moody in the 3rd rd that prompted the Pats into taking Ryland in the 4th. We can argue all day about whether or not he should have been picked in the 4th or if he is the right guy but taking a kicker in the 4th when you believe a run is about to happen isn’t a reach imo. It just makes sense.

It was the Niners drafting Moody in the 3rd rd that prompted the Pats into taking Ryland in the 4th. We can argue all day about whether or not he should have been picked in the 4th or if he is the right guy but taking a kicker in the 4th when you believe a run is about to happen isn’t a reach imo. It just makes sense.
Hopefully he'll come around.

Light a fire under the rookie kickers azz… this is how it’s done. And if he doesn’t improve replace him, this is the process.

Well, I don't disagree, per se. What do disagree with is guys constantly harping on it. The constant harangue is beyond ridiculous.

Keep banging the drum.
Drumming Drum Sticks GIF by Coach
My post here is the first time I've ever typed Ryland's name.

It's absolutely ridiculous to think that fans aren't going to complain about another potential draft bust, this time for a kicker that Bill moved up to get in the 4th round.

Maybe it sounds like the beating of drums to you because so many fans see it and are commenting.

Light a fire under the rookie kickers azz… this is how it’s done. And if he doesn’t improve replace him, this is the process.
And we all hope it works. Well, instead of the Tankheads. They'll be rooting for the kid to miss every kick.

It's absolutely ridiculous to think that fans aren't going to complain about another potential draft bust, this time for a kicker that Bill moved up to get in the 4th round.

Maybe it sounds like the beating of drums to you because so many fans see it and are commenting.
I agree, until this roster (greatly) improves what the hell do you expect! Our team sucks.

I agree, until this roster (greatly) improves what the hell do you expect! Our team sucks.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back