PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots sign OT Chukwuma Okorafor

Ah so you’re the ol guru everyone is talking about?! Everything makes sense now.
It doesn’t take a guru, just someone with eyes open and no agenda.

People told me Marshall Newhouse was “a good move” when I said he wasn’t… they didn’t come back later on to tell me I was correct. But I’m sure you’re different…
Newhouse was the starting left tackle for a 15-1 Packers team (who drafted him in the 5th round), and started the next year at LT as well. But he wasn't very good, and was never considered very good. His contract after leaving his rookie deal with th3 Packers was under $1m.

By the time he got to the Pats, he was 31 and had been on half-a-dozen different teams, being picked up as a journeyman backup. He had nowhere near Okorafor's career (and was at the end by the time the Pats got him).

As for this guy, shrug. We'll see. But he's better than Marshall Newhouse was by the time he got to the Pats.

a serious upgrade to McDermott. He has started for 2 1/2 years at RT and has played LT.

Call him a swing OT if you wish or backup RT. We needed such a player.

Ah so you’re the ol guru everyone is talking about?! Everything makes sense now.
I'm starting to suspect that Wuzzy fell for the infamous Nigerian Prince email scam and was fleeced off a few thousand.

I think that Wolf's working assumption at the moment is that Onwenu is leaving and Okorafor is our starting RT.

And Sow is the starting RG, and we saved a lot of cap dollars, and need to draft a RT.

Last edited:
Newhouse was the starting left tackle for a 15-1 Packers team (who drafted him in the 5th round), and started the next year at LT as well. But he wasn't very good, and was never considered very good. His contract after leaving his rookie deal with th3 Packers was under $1m.

By the time he got to the Pats, he was 31 and had been on half-a-dozen different teams, being picked up as a journeyman backup. He had nowhere near Okorafor's career (and was at the end by the time the Pats got him).

As for this guy, shrug. We'll see. But he's better than Marshall Newhouse was by the time he got to the Pats.
Newhouse was also out of football for a year when he came onto the Patriots. Not only were the 2 starting tackles injured, but also our 2 backups.

and a RG to compete with Mafi.
Sorry I meant Sow is the starting RG, but Sow and Mafi could switch. If J Andrews and Strange are there maybe one more like you say.

So when Wuzzy says that "people" told him that signing Newhouse off his couch "was a good move," the "people" was the Nigerian Prince? No wonder he's so angry with poor Chubacca.

Sorry I meant Sow is the starting RG, but Sow and Mafi could switch. If J Andrews and Strange are there maybe one more like you say.
With the injury to Strange, I think that one more is a good idea, basically 3 IOL starters and 3 backups. And 2 starting OT's and 2 backups.
With the additional active OL, I think having 10 on the 53 makes sense, although vet backups on the PS also makes sense.

I hope we draft Ruke Orhorhoro to play LE, so at practice we can have Okorafor vs Orhorhoro
I’ll vote for that just to hear some mediots trying to pronounce that string of phonemes.

Lol, this is priceless. You know we have receipts.
Yeah because you have never been wrong :). Everyone gets these things wrong even the pros.

Yeah because you have never been wrong :). Everyone gets these things wrong even the pros.
I admit it when I'm wrong. Some of these guys want us to believe they were always right. Not what a man does.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back