PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots sign DE/OLB Jabaal Sheard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome, love it. Now lets get Fairley or Knighton

I think you make lemonade out of lemons. If we can no longer have a great secondary then let the front seven become the strength.

gbwipe.jpg

Thx for vid.

Impressed by how often he had his hands on / knocking away the ball in his sacks ~50%. That said, he had about 0% awareness after knocking the ball loose (too busy strutting to even notice his teammates fighting for ball 1yard away).

That one arm takedown of rape-less-bitte was pretty awesome show of strength too.

Hopefully bb will fix some of those issues and the hand technique stuff the other posters mentioned (and cut his hair, .... just kidding -sort of).

Good signing. (Guess I don't have to ask if he can rush the qb)
He has really long arms.

If we can grab Fairley or Knighton, our front 7 will be crazy talented.

The concern on CB is that what the team has currently does not have a lot of seasoning or a track record of consistent success defending outside the numbers. Butler, Ryan and Arrington specifically. It doesn't mean that they can't (well...Arrington is known and Ryan doesn't have the speed). It just means there is a question mark there.

Bringing in a vet CB is something BB has done multiple times in the past and based on the Browner & Revis departures, it would not surprise me to see him do a 1- or 2yr deal with a vet AND draft a CB.

Well (see the chitty-chitty bang bang [or whatever his name is ] thread), CONGRATS you are already batting .500!

Last edited:
Linebackers are beasts on our team, let's get some D line now.
We can address secondary in the draft I don't want any defensivebacks in fee agency all jags let's draft the Jones kid.

I think you make lemonade out of lemons. If we can no longer have a great secondary then let the front seven become the strength.

While Sheard is a nice addition, I wouldn't feel confident (yet) in saying this could be a front 7 who pressure the QB enough to make up for a average secondary. (ex. 2014 Lions)

@DougKyedNESN: Asked for a quick scouting report on Sheard: "Tough, incredible character, don't want him in space, better in 4-3, better w/ fewer reps."

Great fit considering we have ironman Ninko playing 99% of the snaps. Ninko and Sheard will both get some rest rotating and be more effective.

Interesting to hear consensus here. There has been pretty universal praise of this deal. Hopefully he finds a productive spot in this defense.

While Sheard is a nice addition, I wouldn't feel confident (yet) in saying this could be a front 7 who pressure the QB enough to make up for a average secondary. (ex. 2014 Lions)
Well right. This is why we still need a guy like Pot Roast/ Fairley to come in as well.

Does anyone know if he was a true free agent of did the Browns release him? Wondering how this impacts the 2016 comp pick picture?

Well (see the chatty-chatty bang bang [or whatever his name is ] thread), CONGRATS you are already batting .500!
I've never right so i'm ahead in the game now. :p

From what I've read, Sheard is a good pass rusher but an even better run defender. If it's like getting a second Ninkovich, I'm cool with that.

Does anyone know if he was a true free agent of did the Browns release him? Wondering how this impacts the 2016 comp pick picture?
This will count against them. Just a hunch, but I wouldn't be surprised if Browner gets something very similar and those two offset each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST