PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure Patriots release Parker

I wonder - once he is paid on a new team, will his old salary here be subject to offset - i.e. will the Pats get a credit for the difference? They only owed him $3.2M in guaranteed salary, but even if he goes and takes the veteran minimum elsewhere, that's a little bit back. I assume he will get more than minimum.
If they put in an offset clause. They're not always there.

Done some searching but can't find anything on offset terms from his contract extension. Sadly, that tends to indicate there probably isn't any

Like I said thank You Mayo and Wolf we couldn't even get 16th Rounder for him in 2035 Bum! :mad:

Miguel is the only one I believe on the cap, but this says we will take a 6.3 Million cap hit

Still beats last years transaction with this guy - 3 year extension at $33m. At least we got to bank any per game roster bonus or performance incentives with his annual injuries.

Thank you for your time here, Parker.

Sorry for trashing you in some threads here...couldn't help myself.

And yes...that raise given last year was the worst GM move by BB in quarter of a century....

Still beats last years transaction with this guy - 3 year extension at $33m. At least we got to bank any per game roster bonus or performance incentives with his annual injuries.
Was that extension BB's final middle finger to the Kraft's, or just sheer incompetence? I never understood that extension, especially considering he did nothing to earn what he was paid when we traded for him. If the argument is that we had no other options at WR, then who's fault at not being able to draft WR's was it?

Juju may not be as bad as Mac made him look. He looked pretty good with Zappe before he got hurt. My guess is they keep him to spring training then get rid of him at that point, depending on the $$$'s

Was that extension BB's final middle finger to the Kraft's, or just sheer incompetence? I never understood that extension, especially considering he did nothing to earn what he was paid when we traded for him. If the argument is that we had no other options at WR, then who's fault at not being able to draft WR's was it?
The extension is completely unforgivable
BB should have just taken Krafts cash thrown it in a fire pit and burned it. Less effort

@Pape told me he has zero trade value, he was right. I thought his low contract would at least fetch a 6th.

Like I said thank You Mayo and Wolf we couldn't even get 16th Rounder for him in 2035 Bum! :mad:
This move represents bad management. The Patriots front office should have negotiated; instead of a dozen donuts for this
player they should have settled for half a dozen. Now they will receive nothing!

Sucks that it’s costing them 6 million, but better to deal with it now.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back