PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots release Maurice Harris

Status
Not open for further replies.
harris was the hot ticket early in camp

i wouldn't be surprised to see him back w/ the pats a year or two down the road,

we just had a lot of luck on other fronts which we now take for granted: JG being reinstated before season start, DT being healthy before season start, an undrafted WR Meyers having a ridiculous showing...all thsoe three things went our way, and we should be thankful for that, but it's a hell of a coincidence, any of those doesn't and harris had stayed healthy he probably makes the 53

It wasn't mentioned, but Harris was Waived/Injured. Meaning if he clears waivers, he will revert to our IR and be done for the year unless he is given an injury settlement.

Berrios practiced today
Unfortunately he hasn’t done enough to stand out as a wide receiver, and he has further entrenched his reputation for not being able to stay on the field.

Harris was this years Jordan Matthews.

Bummed we cut Harris. I tended to think he was a better pure receiver than Dorsett and he seemed to have some chemistry with Brady, hoped he would stick and function as a bigger slot receiver with the ability to kick out wide, much like Gaffney.

He very well may have made it had it not been for the injury.

That said, I think Harris and Meyers are similar players and are somewhat redundant in that regard, with Meyers being younger, healthier, and presumably cheaper. Additionally, the other battle being with Dorsett, and the experience and health gave Dorsett the leg-up.

Bummer. Perhaps we see him back at some point in the future.

Your welcome Detroit

Meyers must be pleased with this news.
Its really a matter of DT vs Meyers. If they feel reasonably well that DT has some left in the tank they will probably go with him.

Edelman
Gordon
Thomas
Harry
Dorsett
Meyers
Slater

Bummed we cut Harris. I tended to think he was a better pure receiver than Dorsett and he seemed to have some chemistry with Brady, hoped he would stick and function as a bigger slot receiver with the ability to kick out wide, much like Gaffney.

He very well may have made it had it not been for the injury.

That said, I think Harris and Meyers are similar players and are somewhat redundant in that regard, with Meyers being younger, healthier, and presumably cheaper. Additionally, the other battle being with Dorsett, and the experience and health gave Dorsett the leg-up.

Bummer. Perhaps we see him back at some point in the future.
He dropped two sure TD passes from Stidham in the Tenn game.

He dropped two sure TD passes from Stidham in the Tenn game.

That's a fair point and IIRC both his drops came when he faced some physicality.

That said, if you look at 2018 overall catch rate, Harris' true-catch-rate was 90.3% and Dorsett's was 84.2%.

And that's not to take anything away from Dorsett who's a great player here. Just was hoping Harris might stick and offer something unique.

Big mistake. Thomas is a washed up shell of already washed up stone hands self. He's terrible.

A big question is who dressed week 1 provided everyone is healthy. I would suppose that all things being equal it should be Edelman, Gordon, Thomas and Harry who dress while Dorsett and Myers sit.

Dorsett will not sit while Gordon and Thomas who have been out of football for months and Harry with a nagging hamstring issue are in uniform.

The actives in W1 will be Edelman, Gordon, Dorsett, Meyers. If a fifth WR is active it will come down to Harry's hamstring recovery in my opinion.

Big mistake. Thomas is a washed up shell of already washed up stone hands self. He's terrible.
You know this because you're the Great Gazoo. Amirite? Amirite?

856d430abc69e9632279eb7ad51500a6.jpg

So 5 WRs plus Slater? Unlikely...

Agreed. Six plus Slater: Thomas, Dorsett, Edelman, Gordon, Meyers, Harry. They're not cutting any of those guys. Thomas would be the only one I could imagine at this point.

That group has serious speed and size, and some guys with great hands. Love this group immensely.

So much for all the people yelling at me that he would make the roster.

That was before Thomas got activated, which lots of people did not anticipate. Including me.

That was before Thomas got activated, which lots of people did not anticipate. Including me.
Well I also thought Thomas would be cut and Berrios would make it. Looking like the other way around at this point. I would assume if DT doesn’t play the last preseason game then he’s on the roster. Berrios I’m not sure he has any chance anymore.

Harris was this years Jordan Matthews.
Jordan Matthews >>> Moe Harris.

Bill was too impatient with Matthews/his recovery; it's a shame, because I still feel that he could've helped here last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe