PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure Patriots release CB JC Jackson

Wolf fixing Bill's screw up. If he can pull off a trade to jettison Parker a/o JuJu, it would be icing on the cake.
Yup letting JC go just made sense financially. As for getting rid of Parker/JJSS I would like that but I believe the dead money cap wouldn't be very nice. So we might need to live with them a little longer.

JC reminds me of Juju already washed up.

Yup letting JC go just made sense financially. As for getting rid of Parker/JJSS I would like that but I believe the dead money cap wouldn't be very nice. So we might need to live with them a little longer.
That's if you cut them. If he can come up with a trade scenario, JuJu has $5M in cap savings and Parker has $3.3M. Probably unrealistic but one can only hope.

This is how to clean up your roster 101. It was idiotic to trade for him last season when he could barely run for the 2nd year in a row. I don't care how thin they were at CB, he was damaged goods.

Now I'd like Mayo to get rid of Mills and clean up the DB room where Bill was hoarding.

This is how to clean up your roster 101. It was idiotic to trade for him last season when he could barely run for the 2nd year in a row. I don't care how thin they were at CB, he was damaged goods.

Now I'd like Mayo to get rid of Mills and clean up the DB room where Bill was hoarding.
I'd be happy with losing the "special" ST-only players (not LS, P, K). Draft guys that can also play STs. Pats had the most $$$ in ST units and were bottom 3 in the league. That's what you call waste of resources.

He sucked but the team was desperate for depth.

Then we put some of that money aside for next year's Free Agent Class.
ROFL

We already have $200M under the cap next year, most in the league.

ROFL

Well it won't be that much by June but I get your point. The more reason to sign elite talent and use future cap space (2026-27).

ROFL

More money is better than less money. And the more we hit on players we draft, we'll need to eventually extend some of them (assuming we actually nail drafts more often than not). They went on a spree a few years ago and it was a waste of money.

I predicted this weeks ago. This idea didn't come from me. Other Patriots carpologists had suggested this move. But yeah the other shoe has dropped. The Patriots officially can be big time ballers in free agency this year!
This release was penciled in the moment Jackson was traded last year….. but congrats on your February ‘24 prediction.

Phillips was cut.
Bryant is a free agent.
Mills is a free agent.
Dugger is a free agent.

We will have 2-4 new defensive backs in 2024.

Phillips was cut.
Bryant is a free agent.
Mills is a free agent.
Dugger is a free agent.

We will have 2-4 new defensive backs in 2024.
Gonzo
Jones
Jones
Austin
Peppers
Mapu (I want him moving back to LB, mostly)

Hopefully Dugger, and I agree with those who clamor for either a true FS or another top-end corner.

Gonzo
Jones
Jones
Austin
Peppers
Mapu (I want him moving back to LB, mostly)

Hopefully Dugger, and I agree with those who clamor for either a true FS or another top-end corner.
Your point?

We carry about 9 position defensive backs. You list 5 plus a linebacker as if that means that we are set when we add Dugger.

Your point?

We carry about 9 position defensive backs. You list 5 plus a linebacker as if that means that we are set when we add Dugger.
I'm agreeing with you - just remarking on who we have.
Maybe Wade and Bryant for depth, but note that I said I'd love another top-end cornerback to pair with Gonzo (and move J Jones to FS, maybe?)

I'm agreeing with you - just remarking on who we have.
Maybe Wade and Bryant for depth, but note that I said I'd love another top-end cornerback to pair with Gonzo (and move J Jones to FS, maybe?)
fair enough

I was a bit confused.

Jones hasn't worked out well at free safety. In any case, he is really, really good as our nickel back, one of the best in the league. I guess Dugger will continue to be the free safety if he comes back. BTW, perhaps Bledsoe is ready for more reps.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back