PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots re-sign Danny Shelton

Status
Not open for further replies.
NE fans are fun. The sky is falling, the sky is falling !!! Oh wait, it’s confetti. We’re champs again !

thoughts?

Good, he's still young and has room to develop. He responded positively after his benching late in the season. I'd like to see him slim down a tiny bit to improve his conditioning, but if he can play with better pad level and increased lateral quickness, then he could fill out the missing whole in the DL (a backup for Pennell and rotational run stuffer).

A number of us expected him back on a prove it deal, and I'm glad to see the Patriots agreed. Whether he makes it out of camp is another issue, but he'll get every opportunity to impress.

I'm happy with this. Not a lot of highlights last year, but he had a huge TFL in the SB.

Played well in the playoffs.

All they need from him is 15-20 snaps a game. Some games more. Some less.

Hooray.

So, that leaves us with only two major losses that don't have significant replacements: Gronk and Trent Brown. One could argue that Wynn replaces Brown (or some combination of veldheer/wynn), but there's questions there. Gronk is irreplaceable, so the fix there will have to be an offensive philosophy shift.

But Bennett takes Flowers role and Pennel takes Malcolm Brown's role. Shelton is back and I have to believe one of Thomas/Gordon/Harris/Harry is going to take Hogan's. Is there any other major player from last year's team that's gone that I'm missing?

Liked the move initially.

Like the move now.

Most epic comeback, Mj returning to the bulls in 95 or this?

Garbage player and a needless re-signing.

Well, maybe this will be a magical year where he doesn't suck. He's due.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes