PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Practice Squad and IR Moves Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not an argument, @Deus Irae.

Why do you always feel that posters are attacking Captain, and you have to step in and defend him?
It's not a feeling...Have you read their posts?

Thankfully I no longer do because I have all of them on Ignore...

It's not a feeling...Have you read their posts?

Thankfully I no longer do because I have all of them on Ignore...

I have no-one on Ignore, so I am sure I have read their posts. I guess I may look at the positive side of everyone's posts - I have never even considered putting anyone on Ignore as I enjoy reading all sides of the discussion. It is easy to jump over to the Pub and see the strong political views, and then jump back to the football forum and realize we all have something in common, even if we strongly disagree about other issues.

My apology if I appeared insensitive. Different people feel attacked in different situations, I would not feel attacked on an Internet forum. As my son says, "Just regular dudes, Dad" (+ @PatsDeb, @Sliplady and a few other Pats ladies :)). I approach the forum like we are all friends in a manner of speaking, possibly with deeply divided opinions yet united in our Pats Fansdom. Even if posters intend ill will that is due their own shortcomings, it has nothing to do with you or me.

I have no-one on Ignore, so I am sure I have read their posts. I guess I may look at the positive side of everyone's posts - I have never even considered putting anyone on Ignore as I enjoy reading all sides of the discussion. It is easy to jump over to the Pub and see the strong political views, and then jump back to the football forum and realize we all have something in common, even if we strongly disagree about other issues.

My apology if I appeared insensitive. Different people feel attacked in different situations, I would not feel attacked on an Internet forum. As my son says, "Just regular dudes, Dad" (+ @PatsDeb, @Sliplady and a few other Pats ladies :)). I approach the forum like we are all friends in a manner of speaking, possibly with deeply divided opinions yet united in our Pats Fansdom. Even if posters intend ill will that is due their own shortcomings, it has nothing to do with you or me.

If calling out people's dishonesty like claiming Rorh was wearing sleeves all training camp to cover a tatt he had removed, or saying the Pats cut him because of the tatt is attacking, then I am guilty. I live in reality and not some fantasy world that requires me to lie in order to bend my fragile emotional state. I don't intend ill will to anyone. I just tell the truth. PS... Tom Brady is no longer on this team. It makes not difference if he would succeed or fail on this team because it is not reality. BB assembled this team. He does not care if a poster on this board approves or not. I assure you he will not lose sleep over it. I support whatever team takes the field because I am a Pats fan.

Captain is trying to be polite while informing you that your argument's position is very silly.

OH NO. The great DEUS has chimed in with his opinion declaring an argument silly.. Too bad that, per usual, Deus is flat wrong. The argument that BB has forgotten more about football than Captain or Deus wound ever know isn't silly. It's fact.But neither like to hear it.. They both think they know more about football despite having nothing to show for their erroneous opinions.

OH NO. The great DEUS has chimed in with his opinion declaring an argument silly.. Too bad that, per usual, Deus is flat wrong. The argument that BB has forgotten more about football than Captain or Deus wound ever know isn't silly. It's fact.But neither like to hear it.. They both think they know more about football despite having nothing to show for their erroneous opinions.

Not surprised that they think they know more about football than BB. Their fantasy teams have won at least as many championships as the Pats did at the same time so clearly its a close race.

I have no-one on Ignore, so I am sure I have read their posts. I guess I may look at the positive side of everyone's posts - I have never even considered putting anyone on Ignore as I enjoy reading all sides of the discussion. I

same, been on this board for about 20 years and have never placed anyone on ignore... although I've given it some serious thought a few times hehe ;)

Not surprised that they think they know more about football than BB. Their fantasy teams have won at least as many championships as the Pats did at the same time so clearly its a close race.

I'll admit that my 6 fantasy titles in 8 years has gone to my head a little bit.... just ask the people in my league :haha:

I felt like I had to reply because I have the same ignore feature as you - if I don't like something someone is saying or I get tired of the argument, I just stop responding and/or don't open the thread any more. Otherwise I don't have anyone on ignore. Works like a charm. :)

Last edited:
They can put as many people on the IR and bring them back this year as long as they are out for 3 games. Let's not act like it's an all year thing until we have some details. For all we know, he twisted his ankle and they are using the IR rules to their benefit.
Yeah this year "Injured Reserve" is more like "Guys Possibly Just Getting a Little Break."

That can't be! Despite never seeing Levin play, top (in his own mind) GM Captain Stone wanted him to be added to the 53, in place of Herron, another player whom he has never seen play.

It is not an argument, @Deus Irae.

Why do you always feel that posters are attacking Captain, and you have to step in and defend him?

I wasn't defending CS, there. I was noting that his response was a mild one, when it could have been more. Your post was silly in the context of it being a response to his, and it could easily have been taken as a snarky response, as well. Having Lombardis from years back in the trophy case is the epitome of "that was then, this is now", after all.

I wasn't defending CS, there. I was noting that his response was a mild one, when it could have been more. Your post was silly in the context of it being a response to his, and it could easily have been taken as a snarky response, as well. Having Lombardis from years back in the trophy case is the epitome of "that was then, this is now", after all.

The last Lombardi was just 2 years ago. Having gone to 8 SBs in the past 18 years, something no other team has done mind you, is the sign of greatness. It's not the BS "That was then, this is now, Ridiculousness that CS was pushing. Neither you nor CS have a Championship to your name. People like you and CS just love to babble on about how great you are, but you don't have a shred to stand on.

If calling out people's dishonesty like claiming Rorh was wearing sleeves all training camp to cover a tatt he had removed, or saying the Pats cut him because of the tatt is attacking, then I am guilty.
What's up with you being Rohrwasser white knight? Of course he wasn't doing it to cover up something that was gone. But he has many tattoos and the Pats probably told him to cover up so the media can't get triggered by anything else on his arms.

Last edited:

Corey I hardly knew ya....

Maybe he returns after week 1..But until then our backup situation at OL is still extremely tenuous...No experience whatsoever anywhere...Another first for Bill...

Winifree is a step in the right direction, though I still want Hakeem Butler at least brought here for a workout...

It is your choice to take it as snarky or not. Depends on how you chose to live your life and think about others. That is outside my control. Carry on as you chose ...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes