PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Practice Squad and IR Moves Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This year they can move 2 players from PS to the 55-man game roster and move them back onto the PS without any corresponding moves.

The only wrinkle to this is that you can only do it to a player twice as far as I understand. Then he actually has to be moved to the active roster to be eligible for game day.
Theoretically they can give Folk two games and Rohrwasser two games before having to finally put a kicker on their active roster in week 5. Considering Bill always treats these early games like the "extended preseason" which can only be more so in a season that had NO preseason, this seems pretty fitting.

This year they can move 2 players from PS to the 55-man game roster and move them back onto the PS without any corresponding moves.

The only wrinkle to this is that you can only do it to a player twice as far as I understand. Then he actually has to be moved to the active roster to be eligible for game day.
The game day roster was increased? How did I miss that?

From 46 to 48 per the new CBA, however, the team must dress 8 Olineman now where the Pats usually dressed 7 in the past.
Curious how that works. What stops a team from listing another position as an OL. Can we just call Guy a 2 way player, back up center and DT?

So BB won't need to open a roster spot to add a kicker. Good. Still could use a fatty at NT and a decent vet TE, preferably one who can block.

Straight Cassh is a...coverage...LB? Yeah right.

Considering my post draft opinion of him was "might develop into a good special teamer", the fact that he's stuck around at linebacker means he exceeded my expectations and all bets are off about what his actual skillset is.

It could also just be that we literally have 1 other true off ball LB on the roster (Bentley).

So, is our 53 man roster and practice squad more or less fixed now ? I misunderstood the initial cuts in thinking that there would be "better players" available but this does not seem to be the case......my bad ! Does this mean that trades are the only method of addressing areas of need.

So, is our 53 man roster and practice squad more or less fixed now ? I misunderstood the initial cuts in thinking that there would be "better players" available but this does not seem to be the case......my bad ! Does this mean that trades are the only method of addressing areas of need.

The 53 and PS are never "fixed". There is always movement and transactions on the fringes of the active roster and the PS. Especially early in the season.

There might be a little rush around the league of some veteran-signing activity after week 1...and I hope here too...But otherwise these are the guys with whom Bill is rolling...He isn't tanking, but he ain't all in either...

There might be a little rush around the league of some veteran-signing activity after week 1...and I hope here too...But otherwise these are the guys with whom Bill is rolling...He isn't tanking, but he ain't all in either...

belichick is never "all in", sacrificing future seasons for this season.

belichick is never "all in", sacrificing future seasons for this season.
The future has a way of soon becoming the past, and then you're left standing with your hands in your pockets...

Patriots worked out 4 players today::

DePaola - LS
Godsil - LS
Rehkow - P
Johnny Townsend -P

Last edited:
Kinsey and Wilkerson have cleared COVID testing and joined the practice squad. That makes it 4 WRs on the PS now, which I can’t imagine will be the case for long.

Kinsey and Wilkerson have cleared COVID testing and joined the practice squad. That makes it 4 WRs on the PS now, which I can’t imagine will be the case for long.

With the PS expanded the way it is, I can see it being that way all season unless there are injuries or some other issue..

Patriots worked out 4 players today::

DePaola - LS
Godsil - LS
Rehkow - P
Johnny Townsend -P

I wonder if he sent one of the assistant coaches to keenly express how bad he needed them here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News