PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Patriots OFFICIAL Draft Day thread - Night 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as you also list the terrible players who some thought would be good that BB "misses out on" by trading down for context. No-one knows ahead of time who's going to work in our situation and who isn't. Singling out the good ones after you know who they are reeks of exclusion bias and hindsight bias.

It isn’t meant to be a knock BB exercise, more a test of whether we really are weaker because of the trading back. In fact, taking into consideration first round trade backs, we’ve picked up Fronk, Edelman, Chandler Jones (tools for trade up in future draft), Logan Ryan and Jamie Collins. A haul I went on to say could hardly be improved upon.

Here is where making the trading down sausage all begins

EWVh3HvWAAAKHZ8

I think we will build around Studham shouldn't sniff a QB til the 4th or 5th at the earliest unless you think Hurts is special

If they package two of their late 3rd round picks (their own 3rd and one of the comp picks), they should be able to trade up into the early 3rd rd, maybe even the last 2-3 picks of the second.

If they want to add one of their 4th round picks (so, two 3s and a 4), they should definitely be able to get a pick in the late 2nd.

Is it 7pm yet?

Common mistaken beliefs about the draft that create a good deal of misery and disappointment:
1. The purpose is to provide high impact players to fill immediate needs for the upcoming season. This rarely happens outside of the top 10-15 players taken.
2. The players rated the highest at a given position are going to be stars in the NFL. For example, this year's TE crop may not provide a single starter.
3. Players taken in the 2nd and 3rd rounds should always become good players in the NFL. The odds are less than 50%.

You're ideally trying to fill holes you've identified for the following season or two. At this point, though, that's the Patriots' entire roster other than cornerback, left tackle, maybe guard (depending on what happens with Thuney), center (assuming Andrews is healthy), and third down back. Maybe they find solutions internally but right now they're looking at medium-term needs at QB, TE, FB, WR, SWR, RT, EDGE, LB, S, and K, plus upgrades in line depth on both sides of the ball and maybe a luxury upgrade at running back. None of those positions have long-term stability with established players right now.

Like I said, you want to hope some of the solutions are on the roster (Stidham, Harry, Meyers, Cowart, Winovich, Cajuste, and Froholdt remain incomplete grades of greater or lesser promise and Johnson or Vitale could be long-term solutions to replace Develin). Some of these positions have been holes for a long time - no team is truly perfect - but the question marks at QB heighten every need.

I like Trautman and Albert O
If we aren't drafting one then we better be trading for Howard and or Goedart.

The Eagles aren't trading Goedert.

Trautman is coming from a bad conference in the FCS. He's pure projection. I think he'll be overdrafted because of positiom scarcity. I just don't see it. Going from the SEC to the NFL as a tight end is really tough, going from a basketball conference like the Pioneer League to the NFL is like climbing Everest. Albert O's a fine tools pick in the fourth round.

I think we will build around Studham shouldn't sniff a QB til the 4th or 5th at the earliest unless you think Hurts is special

Hurts offers value as a potential starting QB but also a Super Taysom Hill who's valuable in certain packages. The team was really bad in the red zone last year - it was probably the area that made the biggest year-to-year difference - and Hurts would really help with that.

Hurts offers value as a potential starting QB but also a Super Taysom Hill who's valuable in certain packages. The team was really bad in the red zone last year - it was probably the area that made the biggest year-to-year difference - and Hurts would really help with that.

Ben Dinucci is the real deal......the next Tom Brady

Honestly this is pretty disheartening. But whatever.

A little, but we now have a top 5 pick in rounds 2 and 3, which we didn't have before...

1) Build around the kid if he is not that good we will suck. We don't have a powerhouse to overcome the lack of talent around a QB like Jaguars and Broncos did a few years ago.

2) If he sucks we will have a top 10 pick next year + 120M in cap space and 20 - 25 really good players to build around ...

Caserio's spartan, undecorated home office confirms crazy eyes/serial killer status.
You see nobody had the balls on the call to disagree with BB like well what about Queen.
So either they were all in agreement or they are scared to disagree with him.

It does clash with football, doesn't it?

Yeah but like imagining Triumph and others scrolling down and having conniption fits that send them to the hospital every time they scroll past is worth it

Yeah but like imagining Triumph and others scrolling down and having conniption fits that send them to the hospital every time they scroll past is worth it

I am all about compromise.......there is much I can do with my signature......I mean having AOC right there is pretty effective...I will improve on that

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes