PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots MVP this Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if Seau would have remained healthy,he was our MVP...Now I say Brady has weathered a rough storm more than any other Patriot in terms of getting his butt beat by opposing D lines every game and deserves the honor.

My choice...Lawrance Maroney

Why?
In my mind..he's been the Only guy that has stood out as an Impact player, this year.

In other words, when he gets the ball, you've just have a feeling that something good could possibly happen at any given time.

What's a little disturbing is he's about the only one in the line-up that has stood out for me this year.

Second place, IMO... would be Assante Samuel.

Brady!

Without him we are the Buffalo Bills!

OK, Maybe i need to Rephrase it, I Meant who has played the Best & been the Most Consistant This Season?

By that definition it's between Warren and Wilfork
Wilfork out, we beat the Jags
Warren out, the Puffin and his steenkin' Jets beat us badly

Warren it is

Does any Pat fan want to know what we would be without Brady and Cassel leading the team? I sure don't!

It starts with Brady. Wouldn't you love to see P. Manning or Palmer throwing to Caldwell as their number 1 WR!!!!!????? Now that would be fun!

The one guy, that, if you take him off the team, they go from 11 - 4 to, say, wild ass guess, 7 - 8...Tom Brady. Nobody else close.

I'd have to agree. Despite a relatively subpar year, Brady remains the team's MVP -- as in, most "vital" player.

The most Most Valuable Player is Brady, and I think he has had a terrible year.
Because of that I would prefer an MVP who had a good year. I agree with Warren.

I'd have to agree. Despite a relatively subpar year, Brady remains the team's MVP -- as in, most "vital" player.

Brady,but here's one for thought: Rodney Harrison.
I meant to add: thinking in terms of how we fare with him vs how we fare without him. Felger cited some stats to the effect of,with him the Pats are 7-1 and without him they are 3-4. I don't remember the exact discussion but if anyone saw Four Downs this week you'll perhaps recall this.
The more I thought about it,the more I have to agree that Rodney Harrison's presence makes a difference out there. Leadership,intimidation,effort,commitment,love of the game...whatever it is,something happens when he's out there.

OK Guys / Gals, one Game Left in the Regular Season.

Who do ye think is Our MVP this Season & Why?

(i just thought of this thread so ill have to think about it) ;)

Brady is the MVP of this season for the Pats. No receivers, sketchy (at best Oline), injuries, etc. I am of the belief that this was Brady's best season as a QB considering all the stuff that happened this year.

MVP = Vince Wilfork

Ty Warren is my MVP. You never see the other team run at him anymore. He's always putting pressure on the other team's O-line. His consistency has been better than Brady's. Brady comes in at a close second.
All that plus he came to visit my daughter at Children's Hospital this year. Big points for that!

The most Most Valuable Player is Brady, and I think he has had a terrible year.
Because of that I would prefer an MVP who had a good year. I agree with Warren.

Now there's some twisted logic. What he has had is a terrible supporting cast to work with, comparatively speaking.

Any time your choice is not Tom Brady, the only core player we have yet had to attempt to win without, you have lost perspective and need to close your eyes and try and picture Peyton Manning attempting to audible to Reche Caldwell and Doug Gabriel in place of Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne... Or Carson Palmer swapping Chad Jackson for Chad Johnson and TJ Houshmazilli for Jabar Gaffney... Or imagine the youngster Rivers having to depend not on Antonio Gates And LT but an inconsistent Ben Watson and the mix and match if available RB duo of Dillon and Maroney. Then imagine where we would be if Brady's options included even one of those other QB's top two WR's and either Gates at TE or LT in the backfield.

I agree its the defence,hard to single out one person,Vrabel and Warren are in consideration,honourable mention to Samuel...its really hard for me to leve out Harrison even though he missed a lot of games re the shoulder,he is such an impact player when he is playing.

I agree about Brady, any team with an HOF QB would be lost without him (imagine the Colts without Manning, would they win 5 games?). QB is just such a unique position that it is hard to compare it to any other player on the field. Brady is overwhelmingly the MVP on our team even with his struggles with new personnel and accuracy (these two are definitely tied together).

The defense has been historical this year and Warren, Wilfork and Samuel have all stepped up their game to a new level to make up for Bruschi and Seymour having mediocre years. I just think we could lose one of our big defensive playmakers and still get to the playoffs.

Tom Brady will be our MVP every season until the day he retires. But the guy who has performed the best for us has to be Ty Warren. So he's my choice for this year's regular season. Hopefully we get a lot of candidates for the playoff run. :D

Tom Brady will be our MVP every season until the day he retires. But the guy who has performed the best for us has to be Ty Warren. So he's my choice for this year's regular season. Hopefully we get a lot of candidates for the playoff run. :D

I almost agree with all of that. I think Ty Warren played very well but the way Asante Samuel played I'd put Samuel slightly ahead of Warren.

The Pats have only one indespensible player, Mr. Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back