PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots in talks with Eagles and Giants for joint practices this preseason

Always love these, and missed them this past camp. Adds a little spice to that preseason game too, since these guys have a little recent history going into it. Anything to fire up what are typically very bland games.

These are probably as useful, if not more so than exhibition preseason games.

With one less preseason game it seems it would be foolish to not schedule at least two of these.

I heard the Giants one might be here even though it's a road game

General pre-season question: Do you think game three will still be the "dress rehearsal" game? With the extra week off, between pre and regular season, it seems it could be, but do you foresee teams playing their projected starters more in game 2 now and using game 3 as the final showcase for bubble players?

These are probably as useful, if not more so than exhibition preseason games.

With one less preseason game it seems it would be foolish to not schedule at least two of these.
Not sure I completely agree with the first part, but I definitely agree with the second part.

General pre-season question: Do you think game three will still be the "dress rehearsal" game? With the extra week off, between pre and regular season, it seems it could be, but do you foresee teams playing their projected starters more in game 2 now and using game 3 as the final showcase for bubble players?
It almost has to be that way now...The starters probably need to play at least 3 or 4 full quarters of whistle-to-whistle, 11-on-11 tackle football before the regular season, especially this team with all its new faces...And the bubble players need that last pre-season game to showcase everything they've learned throughout TC, right up until the end....We have depth issues at multiple position groups here, and we need all the help we can get.

Not sure I completely agree with the first part, but I definitely agree with the second part.

It almost has to be that way now...The starters probably need to play at least 3 or 4 full quarters of whistle-to-whistle, 11-on-11 tackle football before the regular season, especially this team with all its new faces...And the bubble players need that last pre-season game to showcase everything they've learned throughout TC, right up until the end....We have depth issues at multiple position groups here, and we need all the help we can get.

It'll be interesting to see how they play it (and how other teams play it). Because I agree, you want to get some snaps in for the bubble guys to really see what you've got there, and there's less opportunity for that once the games start for real. But man, going three weeks between live reps for the starters isn't ideal.

It'll be interesting to see how they play it (and how other teams play it). Because I agree, you want to get some snaps in for the bubble guys to really see what you've got there, and there's less opportunity for that once the games start for real. But man, going three weeks between live reps for the starters isn't ideal.

Yep, 3 weeks is ridiculous...Should've just started the season one week earlier, but Park Avenue will refuse to play on Labor Day weekend...
They'd rather have the SB in March if it came to one or the other...

Nothing of value to add, but F both of these teams.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back