PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Expected to Pursue Cowboys OT Tyron Smith

Sign all the linemen. I'll take Smith, Onwenwu, and the guy from Cincy.

Other side of 30 but he’d be a great fill in for 2 years. I really hope this gets done.

If you aren’t drafting Alt or Fashanu, they probably won’t have a starting caliber to start the 2024 season. They’d have to get pretty lucky with a guy like Mims or Guyton and hope they transition quickly.

Think id stay clear of this one. Getting up there in age and his availability is concerning since 2020. Jonah williams may be a better investment if hes not costing a ton more.

IMG_6233.jpeg

Think id stay clear of this one. Getting up there in age and his availability is concerning since 2020. Jonah williams may be a better investment if hes not costing a ton more.

View attachment 56832

Tyron Smith is kinda long in the tooth that was one of the reasons I wanted the younger Trent Brown back but he's hated like the plague by the Masses around here. :(

Tyron Smith is kinda long in the tooth that was one of the reasons I wanted the younger Trent Brown back but he's hated like the plague by the Masses around here. :(

Didn’t realize trent was only 30. Still hard to rely on either one .

Yosh nijman and Ezra Cleveland

Didn’t realize trent was only 30. Still hard to rely on either one .
Yep like he's been playing forever but yeah he's 30 that went into my thinking about keeping him. Both Brown and Onwenu are going to make $$$$$ in FA they are pretty close to the Top of their respective positions.

Hopefully a two year contract can get it done. This is the best option we have right now. Draft a tackle in the 3rd that can be a swing and potentially future starter.

Wrong side of 30 and he's been banged up a lot the last few years but when he plays he's still a very good tackle.

I realize there are injury concerns, but if healthy he would be steal. Then they can draft an OT to back him up, and learn from a first ballot HOF player. And usually takes rookie tackles a little while to adjust the speed of the NFL.

Hopefully a two year contract can get it done. This is the best option we have right now. Draft a tackle in the 3rd that can be a swing and potentially future starter.
When it comes to their second round pick it’s going to come down to who is on the board when they pick. The first round has been considered so offense top heavy that I expect some of the second round projections for defensive players to turn into projections for the 2nd half of the first round, which should push some of the OT’s and WR’s down into the 34 range. If so the Patriots need to take the BPA between them.

And although this is off the reservation in terms of need there is a part of me that would love to see them take T’Vondre Sweat DT Texas in the 2nd round. I imagine signing Christian Wilkins in free agency, and putting Sweat at NT, with Varmore and Wilkins on each side, just like the old Seymour, Wilfork, Warren lines. Or just put Wilkins and Sweat inside, and put Barmore on one end with Wise on the other end. That’s a big nasty DL, and no one would be able to run on them.

When it comes to their second round pick it’s going to come down to who is on the board when they pick. The first round has been considered so offense top heavy that I expect some of the second round projections for defensive players to turn into projections for the 2nd half of the first round, which should push some of the OT’s and WR’s down into the 34 range. If so the Patriots need to take the BPA between them.

And although this is off the reservation in terms of need there is a part of me that would love to see them take T’Vondre Sweat DT Texas in the 2nd round. I imagine signing Christian Wilkins in free agency, and putting Sweat at NT, with Varmore and Wilkins on each side, just like the old Seymour, Wilfork, Warren lines. Or just put Wilkins and Sweat inside, and put Barmore on one end with Wise on the other end. That’s a big nasty DL, and no one would be able to run on them.
Only if they spend like drunken sailors on offense in FA.

Only if they spend like drunken sailors on offense in FA.

I don’t disagree on need, but I also put stock I. Parcells planetary theory, and Sweat would guarantee that every other DL would face single blockers, as it will take at least two to block him. I also don’t believe they have to fix everything in one offseason.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back