PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAdultintheRoom

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Obviously the game against Kansas City was very frustrating to watch for all but the last few minutes.

But the fact that the Patriots were even in the game at the end--and perhaps should have won it sans incompetent refs--is amazing and reminds me of what a privilege it has been to follow this team.

When the Patriots were on their last drive, I turned to my wife in amazement and said, "There's one thing I can tell you with absolute confidence--no matter how bad things are, this team will fight."

It's incredible that on a day when the Patriots seemed totally overmatched, they still somehow found a way to fight back into the game. That's what this team has been about for 20 years. You'll never see it again. So even though we are obviously seeing the back end of Brady's career and there may be tougher times ahead, I implore my fellow fans not to go negative on this team, and especially on the individuals most responsible for its success.

"There's one thing I can tell you with absolute confidence--no matter how bad things are, this team will fight."
We've seen such refusal to quit in the Celtics, Bruins and Red Sox on many occasions in their histories, and this only adds to the phenomenon of Boston sports fans being by far the most spoiled in history.

The BB & Brady era Patriots' success is unprecedented. It's all gravy at this point....

Last year's SB might be the last one for decades....but it doesn't matter. I will always have:

- Three 3rd and long completions in OT on the road in the AFC title game.

- A 28-3 come back in the SB.

- The Butler interception.

- Edelman to Amendola to vanquish the Ravens.

- Deion Branch's reversal while waving bye bye to Von Olffhen in the Burgh.

- McGinest's goal line stop of Edge.

- The crazy 4th qtr. shoot out in SB 38.

- Vinatieri's final kick in SB 36.

- The snow game....and the 46 yarder by AV to send it to OT...

And I have only NAMED A HANDFUL of moments this team has given us in two decades....

God, I love the New England Patriots!!!

Obviously the game against Kansas City was very frustrating to watch for all but the last few minutes.

But the fact that the Patriots were even in the game at the end--and perhaps should have won it sans incompetent refs--is amazing and reminds me of what a privilege it has been to follow this team.

When the Patriots were on their last drive, I turned to my wife in amazement and said, "There's one thing I can tell you with absolute confidence--no matter how bad things are, this team will fight."

It's incredible that on a day when the Patriots seemed totally overmatched, they still somehow found a way to fight back into the game. That's what this team has been about for 20 years. You'll never see it again. So even though we are obviously seeing the back end of Brady's career and there may be tougher times ahead, I implore my fellow fans not to go negative on this team, and especially on the individuals most responsible for its success.

Careful. You can't say anything positive about this team or some posters here will call you a butt sniffing homer fanboy.
Gotta be negative 24/7 that makes you " objective".
God knows this team hasn't done anything for us to be grateful for in say, the last 20 years.
It sucks being a Patriots fan.

Pats fans should appreciate RK as much as anyone, maybe more. Compare Pats pre-Kraft to the Pats since. He kept the team in New England, hired BB, gave him the keys, and let him drive the bus to the promised land...

...six times.

What have you done for me lately? Fire these bums.

JK. Whatever happens I will likely be shedding some super manly tears the days that TB and BB hang em up. Too many unbelievable sports experiences and memories. Living Legends.

What I appreciate most of all is Tom Brady. Thank you **** Rehbein and may you rest in peace.

What have you done for me lately? Fire these bums.

JK. Whatever happens I will likely be shedding some super manly tears the days that TB and BB hang em up. Too many unbelievable sports experiences and memories. Living Legends.

B&B, the perfect storm.

Pats fans should appreciate RK as much as anyone, maybe more. Compare Pats pre-Kraft to the Pats since. He kept the team in New England, hired BB, gave him the keys, and let him drive the bus to the promised land...
Pats fans should appreciate Billy Sullivan too, as he also kept the team in New England (and the NFL), hired Chuck Fairbanks, gave him the keys, and let him drive the bus to the promised land in Pats-adena before it was sabotaged by a terrorist named Ben Dreith...plus he hired Ron Meyer - don't laugh - Scar came here in that deal! Winner!
B&B, the perfect storm.
Hmmm...Two more to go to reach "BB8" ... Four more to reach "TB12"

We have lots of work to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey