PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots After A Bye In BB Era Since 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that funny how things change? People try to change perspective to try to explain the here and now.

If there is a growing trend that the Pats play poorly after a bye I find that to be funny given that all I've heard is that the Pats are almost a guaranteed win after a bye. I know that's not true either but still it's funny to see the drastic swing.

This wasn't aimed at the OP, either.

I'd like to second a notion made earlier that we've primarily played our best post season football after having a bye (this year not included).

Regardless of stats, you want the bye in the post season. 1 game less to play.
Exactly this. At this point in the season it's all about who can play and who can't.

Could very well be but I'm just not all in on the "rust" argument. With that said I wonder what the 1/2 time lead is on average for the team of byes during the reg season vs non bye games.

@Tony2046 Hey! Could you look at the average margin in which Pats lead their opponents at halftime in games following regular season byes and first round playoff byes? :p

My overall point, is that for whatever reason the Patriots start their post-bye games flat, they always pull ahead and finish strong.

Four notes from New England Patriots’ 34-16 win over Texans

Struggling in the Divisional round is nothing new for the Patriots. In 2014 they were down 28-14 against the Baltimore Ravens in the third quarter before pulling a rabbit (or three) out of their hat to win the game and move onto the AFC Championship game. Remember, the Patriots were “exposed” and “showing their weaknesses” that game and…went on to win the Super Bowl.

The ultimate Divisional round clunker was in 2010. Rex Ryan came marching into Foxboro with “the Playoff Team Eric Mangini Built” and jumped out to a 14-3 halftime lead highlighted by a David Harris red zone interception and won 28-21. The New England defense made Mark Sanchez look like a superstar that cold and windy Sunday afternoon.

Let’s remember: the Patriots never trailed on Saturday night. When their 14-3 lead melted away, they bore down and entered the fourth quarter with an 11-point lead. They used their defense to put pressure on Houston.

The difference between 2010 and last night? The New England defense, the ability to overcome turnovers and penalties, the ability to make plays on offense without Rob Gronkowski and piling up points in the playoffs against a strong defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back