PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots’ 2022 NFL Draft Wasn’t Bad

Reaction score
Guys, we covered quite a number of holes on our roster, such as offensive linemen (Cole Strange), wide receiver (Tyquan Thornton), and defensive back (Marcus Jones).
Never hurts to fill needs, so I don’t know why people feel the need to crap on the Patriots’ draft choices this year…they aren’t that bad.

Guys, we covered quite a number of holes on our roster, such as offensive linemen (Cole Strange), wide receiver (Tyquan Thornton), and defensive back (Marcus Jones).
Never hurts to fill needs, so I don’t know why people feel the need to crap on the Patriots’ draft choices this year…they aren’t that bad.

They could've done Much better at WR & CB; and the OLman was taken way, Way too early.

I don’t think people are griping about the positions picked or even the players. It’s more about the round they were picked in.

I thought the best approach was impact defensive player at 21 or 29 and then get the guard later. Like every draft we won’t know for a year or 2.

I don’t think people are griping about the positions picked or even the players. It’s more about the round they were picked in.

I thought the best approach was impact defensive player at 21 or 29 and then get the guard later. Like every draft we won’t know for a year or 2.

Yep; the choice at 29 should've come down to either DE George Karlaftis, CBs Andrew Booth & Kyler Gordon, or DB Dax Hill.

And the pick at 54 (NO ****ing trade-up) should've been DT Travis Jones. Period.

Yep; the choice at 29 should've come down to either DE George Karlaftis, CBs Andrew Booth & Kyler Gordon, or DB Dax Hill.

And the pick at 54 (NO ****ing trade-up) should've been DT Travis Jones. Period.
I think we could have done an additional second trade back 4-7 spots. And, yes, Cole Strange would have been available with an additional third-rounder.

Most of the times when Belichick traded up it’s not a good idea. For every Barmore there’s three or four Joeslow Williamses.

I think we could have done an additional second trade back 4-7 spots. And, yes, Cole Strange would have been available with an additional third-rounder.

Most of the times when Belichick traded up it’s not a good idea. For every Barmore there’s three or four Joeslow Williamses.
More BS from you. Everything you said is complete speculative BS or just wrong. BB hasn't missed on that many 2nd round picks. Contrary to what you and the Negative Nancy brigade would like to claim.

More BS from you. Everything you said is complete speculative BS or just wrong. BB hasn't missed on that many 2nd round picks. Contrary to what you and the Negative Nancy brigade would like to claim.

Have you seen the list of second round defensive backs failures that bb has spent a fortune of draft capital on over the years?

Yep, the Chandler Jones & Hightower trade-ups were good too, though I still believe that if Bill held his water he could've had them at 25 & 27 instead of 21 & 25 and saved himself his 3rd-rounder...

I agree 100%. I really wanted Boye Mafe or George Karlaftis with that 1st rounder. Instead, we waited until Sam Roberts (who I like) to address the D front. I’m not really upset about Strange, as I had him pegged as someone who could rise to above our 2nd round pick. He’ll be a solid starter. What upsets me is Thornton. Really don’t like him. Honestly, I think Tre Nixon has a better chance of being a long-term fixture in our receiving corps. There were a few weird choices in there later on, like a 2nd tiny cb and a 2nd rb. I’m just a little mad about the opportunity cost of some of these weird picks…

The Big Question, at least in my mind, is whether the Patriots should have taken George Pickens instead of Thornton. It certainly seems lke they should have, but I suspect that Pickens is too much a wild personality for Bill.

The Big Question, at least in my mind, is whether the Patriots should have taken George Pickens instead of Thornton. It certainly seems lke they should have, but I suspect that Pickens is too much a wild personality for Bill.
If the deciding factor between a more talented player and a less talented player is "personality" then it may be time for winters on Nantucket.

If the deciding factor between a more talented player and a less talented player is "personality" then it may be time for winters on Nantucket.
Agreed!!

Yeah for that reason I didn't have Pickens as a Day 2 prospect... Now if he had still been available with one of our 4th-rounders (121, 127, 137)...

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back