PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Path cleared for Jimmy's return? [SF trades for #3 pick]

Might the possible new attraction to Jones and Fields be that their floors are higher than "get the GM fired" whereas with Wilson and Lance are attractive because of their ceilings? In other words, early in the process, GM's get enamored with ceiling. As the process matures, they start to feel the risk more poignantly, and get more conservative?

I think carolina could be high on Jones bc they coached him at Senior bowl and should have a good view what Jones is able to do esp seeing him with New WR System etc.

Might the possible new attraction to Jones and Fields be that their floors are higher than "get the GM fired" whereas with Wilson and Lance are attractive because of their ceilings? In other words, early in the process, GM's get enamored with ceiling. As the process matures, they start to feel the risk more poignantly, and get more conservative?
It's definitely an intense process. Especially for failing franchises. I definitely could see this happening to some, it's only natural. Not easy to hitch your wagon to some of these guys. The draft process is fun, everyone is a winner but living with 1 guy for 10 years is just a different deal. Now you're talking about bottom lines, performance/cost ... It gets real quick I'd think. Not many GM's get multiple shots at rebuilding.

I also imagine that it is easy to see an incredible athlete running around putting up big numbers and become enamored with him. Just the same as discounting a player because they went to Alabama and played with a start studded cast. Then when they really start watching the videos, I imagined some people start questioning their initial impressions.

Bill wasn't there for Jones.

McD: "Did Lynch accept your latest offer for Jimmy?"
Belichick GIF by SUBWAY

Linda got Bill looking all GQ, wearing purple shirts. LMAO

That was right before MacD asks him something and Bill nods nope! Someone please keep sharp objects away from @ChrisR2223.

I gotta wonder what that convo between Lynch and Bill was like.

Lynch: Yeah man, Jones is great right? We moved up to 3 for a reason...

Belichick: Cool John, I don't really care. Are you gonna take my second for Jimmy or not?

Lynch: Well, I appreciate the offer, but Kyle actually grounded me from trading with you ever since I asked you about Tom...

Belichick: Oh okay, Kyle huh. I'll call him when I want to know how to blow a big lead in a Super Bowl.

Lynch: Haha.. so anyway... cool to see you too Josh, how's your wife?

McDaniels: You wanna f***ing fight buddy?

Belichick: I honestly forgot you were here Josh. Can you get me another OJ?

Stephen A. Smith wins the chicken dinner with his brilliant trade proposal, Garrapolo for Newton straight up. Lynch needs to pounce on this idea, and he should throw in a 2nd while he is at it. Thank you Stephen A.

It’s a no from Bill on Jones.

Jones knocked himself into the third round by jumping unnecessarily for that pass. Nowhere near ready for the NFL as a receiver. A project.

It’s a no from Bill on Jones.

What an endearing move by Jones at his pro day, forcing Bill to re-live the play that broke the Patriots in the most recent Eagles Superbowl.

I gotta wonder what that convo between Lynch and Bill was like.

Lynch: Yeah man, Jones is great right? We moved up to 3 for a reason...

Belichick: Cool John, I don't really care. Are you gonna take my second for Jimmy or not?

Lynch: Well, I appreciate the offer, but Kyle actually grounded me from trading with you ever since I asked you about Tom...

Belichick: Oh okay, Kyle huh. I'll call him when I want to know how to blow a big lead in a Super Bowl.

Lynch: Haha.. so anyway... cool to see you too Josh, how's your wife?

McDaniels: You wanna f***ing fight buddy?

Belichick: I honestly forgot you were here Josh. Can you get me another OJ?
Here’s how the conversation really went:

Bill: Let’s talk about Jimmy.

Lynch: I’m sorry Bill, but you’ll have to speak to Kyle about that as I don’t make those decisions....I’m only GM by title.

The end.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back