PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pass Coverage Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPharma

On the Roster
Reaction score
First time poster, long time lurker.

It's interesting seeing that Revis has still got it, but more surprisingly is how boss Collins is in coverage. Is it too soon to extend his contract? Some interesting stats on the rest of the team too.

"Darrelle Revis might have beat out Nantucket as Bill Belichick’s favorite island in New England. Signing Revis was considered a safe move back in March, and it turned out to be a pretty savvy one too, as the Patriots turned out their best defensive season in years."

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2014/12/darrelle-revis-shines-in-patriots-2014-season-long-pass-coverage-stats/

First time poster, long time lurker.

It's interesting seeing that Revis has still got it, but more surprisingly is how boss Collins is in coverage. Is it too soon to extend his contract? Some interesting stats on the rest of the team too.

"Darrelle Revis might have beat out Nantucket as Bill Belichick’s favorite island in New England. Signing Revis was considered a safe move back in March, and it turned out to be a pretty savvy one too, as the Patriots turned out their best defensive season in years."

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2014/12/darrelle-revis-shines-in-patriots-2014-season-long-pass-coverage-stats/

Yes. Starting with the rookie class of 2011, rookie contracts cannot be renegotiated until three years have elapsed.

Eye popping how terrible Dennard was.
Props to Arrington, he really was much better this year. His biggest issue was always the big play and he really limited those this season.
Also extremely happy with Hightower's coverage stats. They don't exactly look great, but they clearly state that when QBs checked down to the guy he was covering, he rarely missed the tackle and gave up the big play. That's what I want out of my LBs.
Lastly, McCourty needs to be paid.

That could be the most confusing stat based article I've read in a while. After posting the chart and explaining the chart, you still can't go back to the chart and figure out what it says about the different players.

My advice to Mr. Keyd would be to limit it to charts you can actually prove have relevance, then set a minimum number of snaps, targets etc. and try to tell us the significance of the performance of different players.

Adding White, Easley et al makes it a very confusing chart..it probably could be combines into one chart.

But it does validate how important Revis to this team...

On over 200 coverage snaps, that bust (sarcasm) Duron Harmon hasn't given up a single completion. I realise the single high safety is a slightly different beast, but that says a lot about him being assignment sound and not being caught out of position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back