PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

~ Our Young + Raw but Rapidly Improving D ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting stat from the Indy game. Peyton's longest completion was to McCourty, 32 yards in the air. His other two interceptions were likely among the longest too, since his longest completion to his own player was 28 yards.

Be concerned about yardage if you want, we don't have the talent or experience to shut the best teams down, but be aware that the greatest defensive coach maybe ever, has a strategy and his young team is executing it. It's no accident.

Off the Grid said:
Aptly put, sir. Aptly put.

I'm just in AWE of what he's been able to do with a crew where 9 of 11 starters ~ that's 7 of 9, in "Borg"
insane.gif
~ are at least new to their jobs, if not brand spanking new Rookies, all together. And of course: They're only going to get better. :cool:

As am I. Check our recent record against Peyton. Not too good. As good as he is, he apparently doesn't have the patience Brady has and will "Favre" it up there if you keep him frustrated from long ball satisfaction.

You so eloquently stated my point, which is; these are the players we have, these players are helping defeat some of the best teams in football by taking away the quick scores and making them take more plays/risks to get each score.

Tom Brady is the master of that type of drive, most other QBs will make a mistake.

Absolutely beautifully put, Brothah!!
beer.gif

It's always amusing to hear from "fans" who are so paralyzed with fear of investing an ounce of real emotion into this inspiring and glorious team ~ so afraid of turning into actual fans ~ that they spew out every last argument against the team that they should be rooting for ~ despite an absolutely unprecedented decade ~ in ANY region ~ of sweet, exquisite, and resplendent Glory that ANY Soul would be proud to be part of ~ rather than have the ounce of guts required to get behind this outrageously admirable team...and actually make an emotional investment in them.

Now this is funny (or pathetic; I'm not sure which). A poster has the audacity to point out that our team is on track to be one of the worst 5 defenses in yards given up ever in NFL history and this is the response.

Ya, right. I guess it's spelled f-a-n-a-t-i-c.

Not that this means they can't win the Super Bowl. They can and they may. But let's not castigate posters for sharing an ounce of truth along with the ton of fanaticism happily supplied above.

Now this is funny (or pathetic; I'm not sure which). A poster has the audacity to point out that our team is on track to be one of the worst 5 defenses in yards given up ever in NFL history and this is the response.

Ya, right. I guess it's spelled f-a-n-a-t-i-c.

Not that this means they can't win the Super Bowl. They can and they may. But let's not castigate posters for sharing an ounce of truth along with the ton of fanaticism happily supplied above.

Now that is funny.

Or pathetic.

I'm not sure which. ;)

Allow me to spell it out for you: He made a snide, sneering comment, and I called him on it, just like I'm now calling you on yours.

Anyone who's read me for any length of time can attest that I'll engage in a civil disagreement all day long, as long as both sides are civil. But if your response is a snide, sarcastic slur that rudely dismisses the notion that we are getting better, I will respond as is warranted.

And if that gets you in a fist-clenching twist ~ as it evidently does ~ you have my permission to bleat about it to your heart's content.
tongue%20out.gif

We all know the stats. Those shouldn't need to be regurgitated by geniuses who think they've discovered something. And I'll happily concede that I was leaning into it a bit with the rapidly improving bit. But anyone who is a student of this great Game, and watches each play with a mind towards evaluating how well each player is fulfilling their assignments, cannot help but notice the incremental improvements both on individual bases, and as a cohesive unit, over the course of this season.

But those of you who rely exclusively on statistics to tell them what's going on...overlook, for instance, how our young Defense smothered the Steelers and Colts in consecutive games, kicking their @$$es all day long, and holding them to 3 and 14 points, respectively, through 3 Quarters, before Coach Bill went into the universally insane Prevent Defense ~ Prevent Offense mode.

I shouldn't have to explain that...But there you have it.
studying.gif

I think it is quite obvious to all fans that our defense is flat out awful. Now, they have moments where they look fantastic and really I think that they are "putting it" together, but there are still way too many lapses for us to feel good aboout the unit as a whole.

They are getting there, but as a fan, when you fear third and 12 more than you fear 3rd and 2, well that is a real faulking problem.

I think it is quite obvious to all fans that our defense is flat out awful. Now, they have moments where they look fantastic and really I think that they are "putting it" together, but there are still way too many lapses for us to feel good aboout the unit as a whole.

They are getting there, but as a fan, when you fear third and 12 more than you fear 3rd and 2, well that is a real faulking problem.

THAT'S what I'm talking about!! :D

Bubba disagrees with me 1000%, but he says so ~ EMPHATICALLY!! ~ without insulting anyone!!

That's all I ask. :snob:

Our young + raw but exceptionally talented Defense WILL be assimilated.

Resistance is Futile.

7of9.jpg

This reminder has been brought to you by The United Borg Alliance.

:D Ahhh...The Timeless Wisdom of 7 of 9. :D

She's been saying this since Opening Day...and she's been right all along. :cool:

I think it is quite obvious to all fans that our defense is flat out awful.

Hee, hee!!
laughing.gif

Would you care to revise your statement, sir?
studying.gif

GOD, I love FootBall!! :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back