PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our defense was horrible, but we still could of won

Status
Not open for further replies.

StockingAnarchyNumber12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Our defense sucked, period. Though, there were instances throughout the game I noticed that if swung the other way, we win.

Key moments:

- Butler being benched. Put him in there, you truly never know. I am in the camp Philly drops 30, but not 40.

- Missed XP and FG. Just making one if not both changes the entire game and we probably don't go for it on 4th and 5.

- Philly scored an illegal touchdown and if the refs see that, they probably kick a FG instead of a TD on 4th, gifting Philly double the points.

- The 4th and 5.

- Brady fumble.

This game was lost with these key moments, plus our defense.

Our defense sucked, period. Though, there were instances throughout the game I noticed that if swung the other way, we win.

Key moments:

- Butler being benched. Put him in there, you truly never know. I am in the camp Philly drops 30, but not 40.

- Missed XP and FG. Just making one if not both changes the entire game and we probably don't go for it on 4th and 5.

- Philly scored an illegal touchdown and if the refs see that, they probably kick a FG instead of a TD on 4th, gifting Philly double the points.

- The 4th and 5.

- Brady fumble.

This game was lost with these key moments, plus our defense.

I thought the eagles defense got a second wind when the eagles offense when on that long drive. They where burning clock. This defense was so pathetic

If Brady didn’t fumble they go down field and score. Problem? Eagles still have time on the clock. TRASH defense gives up a game winner EASILY
Depends how much time is left on the clock and that still gifted Philly 3 more points.

More key moments:

- Pats throwing away AT LEAST 11 points in the first half, which should've been tied at its end.

- Eagles converting two 4th downs, both of which led directly to TDs. I don't think it's unfair to expect that one of those two be stopped.

- Jonny Badmostly whiffing on 3rd down.

Last edited:
Plain and simple, the defense lost this game. Didn’t come up with ONE big play all game. Bad execution by the defense and bad coaching by Patricia and Belichick. Horrible tackling (or lack there of) extended drives. Not having Butler in there hurt the team, he is not only their 2nd best corner, he’s a good tackler too. Mind boggling move by the greatest coach of all time. Belichick lost the game with moves like that. I think alienating Butler and Branch (who could’ve helped in run defense) is a case of Belichick outsmarting himself. So frustrating.

If Brady didn’t fumble they go down field and score. Problem? Eagles still have time on the clock. TRASH defense gives up a game winner EASILY

Yea but in this scenario assuming we get a 2 point conversion they need a touchdown to win the game all the while doing it with less than a minute left.

We were bad on defense tonight. But we wasn' THAT bad.

Yea but in this scenario assuming we get a 2 point conversion they need a touchdown to win the game all the while doing it with less than a minute left.

We were bad on defense tonight. But we wasn' THAT bad.
I disagree. We were that bad...game on the line...not one three and out. They were disgusting on 3rd down. Hell they were awful on all downs.

I disagree. We were that bad...game on the line...not one three and out. They were disgusting on 3rd down. Hell they were awful on all downs.

I don't see the eagles driving 75 yards for a td in less than a minute.

Just because it' not what they would of needed at that point.

It doesn't matter. We didn't stop them from scoring on any second half drive and I believe their final 3 of the first half.

This truly was on the defense.

Bademosi's whiff on 3rd down was horrible. So was Jordan Richard's play on that wheel route. Pressure wasn't even that big of a deal to me because Foles was getting the ball out of his hands really quick. Our decision making was just bad. Butler on Agholor seemed like a no brainer just like Gilmore on Alshon.

Elandon Roberts and Jordan Richards should not be on this team. I single them out for more than just this game. Our style of defense under Patricia doesn't lend itself to many turnovers and relies on smart steady play. Roberts is anything but steady. He is at times horrible in the run game, can't cover fast backs, and is routinely picked up when he blitzes.

Where to begin with Richards. He doesn't have the necessary athleticism to be in the NFL. Plays like that wheel route seem to always happen to him.

The TRUTH is this Patriots team didn't deserve to win. That defense was an abomination. Worst I've ever seen from a BB coached team. It was embarrassing.
Despite Brady's heroics, they just didn't deserve it.

Here is what had to happen in the 2nd half for Pats offense to win the game.
Not counting last possession since it was under 1 minute with no time outs.
Pats had just 4 possessions and they needed 4 TDs to go ahead. They got 3 and Brady was stripped on the 4th. Think about that...4 possessions and they needed TDs in all 4 to win...and without that strip, who knows...but I liked their chances at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes