PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OTAs on 6/4

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Almost my exact words

If Stidham somehow has turned around into a good QB - and let’s be real there’s no indication of that so far and the “QB controversy” last season was ridiculous - then that means Bill invested a first round pick in a QB that wasn’t needed here, and he swung and missed on evaluating him to date. Hate to say it but that IMO ought to have the Patriots looking for a new head coach and GM.
Damn one losing season after the GOAT takes off for faster receivers and you're in full blown panic mode.

Damn one losing season after the GOAT takes off for faster receivers and you're in full blown panic mode.
Not panicking just talking about a hypothetical that is not likely to happen.

It's OTA's. I'm sure Stid looked good during OTAs last year too. He looked fantastic in the pre season games he's played. But he didn't do so hot in limited action on the field.

Not panicking just talking about a hypothetical that is not likely to happen.
Even if Stid turns out great and takes over the team. That could have been a personal revelation, something that he figured out his 3rd year the coaches didn't see initially. It doesn't mean he wasn't evaluated properly

^ Almost my exact words

If Stidham somehow has turned around into a good QB - and let’s be real there’s no indication of that so far and the “QB controversy” last season was ridiculous - then that means Bill invested a first round pick in a QB that wasn’t needed here, and he swung and missed on evaluating him to date. Hate to say it but that IMO ought to have the Patriots looking for a new head coach and GM.
You should hate to say it because it's incredibly stupid.

After reading all the mediots summaries of ota practice that I could find, the one thing no one is reporting on, except bedard, is that while Jones may be late on some throws, it appears Jones is going to the right read with the ball, he is just needing a lot more reps to get the trust and timing down.

and that to me shows why people (including bb) are impressed with Jones.

and while bb know jones has figured out the plays of the offense, bb also knows jones has a long way to go still to master execution of the offense!

OTA question for me. Right now as you watch highlights Is Hunter Henry a big receiver or a small TE? Where does Jonnu line up, slot? Would you put Henry in there as the blocking TE. Kinda disappointing not to see Jonnu on the field. Would love to see the TE's hit the sleds and see what kind of run support they could add.

From Mike Reiss' column today... 2020 binkie power holding strong:

Isaiah Zuber, WR -- If Agholor, Bourne and Jakobi Meyers are the top three receivers, the speedy Zuber could give N'Keal Harry a run for his money for a role behind them. He had one of the best plays Friday on a laser from Stidham over the middle.

If Zuber can show enough, perhaps the WR group is Agholor/Bourne/Meyers/Zuber/Olzsewski. Haven't seen a lot of talk about Gunner, but I can't imagine he doesn't make the roster considering how much he popped as a PR last year.

Cams already injured and we aren't in training camp yet. I think there's a good chance even if he starts the season we will see Mac Jones out there eventually.

This isn't exactly a Rodgers behind favre or even Mahomes behind Alex smith situation. Both those guys were behind capable solid quarterbacks who were winning games.

Mac Jones is behind a guy who threw 8 total TDs last year. If Cam Newton doesn't show massive improvement in his game he will be on a short leash IMO. Even if he gets the starting job. I don't see bill putting up with it if he has an 80 yard game with balls thrown into the ground

"It was a no-good, very-bad day for tackle Yodny Cajuste, who got yelled at more than once. The former third-round pick is not just on the bubble. I’d say, right now, he’s off it. He’s likely to miss the cut, if he doesn’t turn things around — and fast." "Cajuste made a glaring mistake during 11-on-11 walkthrough (focused on running the ball), and drew significant criticism from the coaching staff. He jumped again on full-speed reps of 11-on-11. That resulted in another tongue-lashing and, this time, a lap around the field. A truly rough day."

"Cornerback Jalen Mills looked natural and comfortable in coverage, playing a lot of snaps with Stephon Gilmore and J.C. Jackson not present. Even with a diminished group of defensive backs, Jakobi Meyers, Nelson Agholor and Kendrick Bourne were not creating major separation. The quarterbacks favored their running backs heavily."

"Henry asked a bunch of questions as he leads off what seemed like a new drill for him with tight ends, working on pulling and blocking a particular hole. It’s a good sign to see him so engaged."

Cam will be cut if he loses his job to Mac. He’s not here to be a backup.

You should hate to say it because it's incredibly stupid.
No matter what it would be a massive screwup.

Probably a moot point. Stid isn’t good.

"Henry asked a bunch of questions as he leads off what seemed like a new drill for him with tight ends, working on pulling and blocking a particular hole. It’s a good sign to see him so engaged."
Not so good a sign if he is so confused

Not so good a sign if he is so confused
why?because he is learning a new play book, where he has to know what to do when each play is called?
rather have him ask question about that in OTA than in week 4 during the game

"It was a no-good, very-bad day for tackle Yodny Cajuste, who got yelled at more than once. The former third-round pick is not just on the bubble. I’d say, right now, he’s off it. He’s likely to miss the cut, if he doesn’t turn things around — and fast." "Cajuste made a glaring mistake during 11-on-11 walkthrough (focused on running the ball), and drew significant criticism from the coaching staff. He jumped again on full-speed reps of 11-on-11. That resulted in another tongue-lashing and, this time, a lap around the field. A truly rough day."

Utterly and completely Unqualified to be the 101st pick in the 2019 draft, as some of us correctly predicted.

Our OL depth ****ing sucks, especially at the Tackles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News