PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - Who's the bigger underdog--Conor McGregor or Michael Phelps?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who's the bigger underdog?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bbobbo

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
McGregor should be the bigger underdog, imo, because the shark doesn't know it's in a race.

I honestly am staying away from betting on this **** like the plague, but if I had to guess I'd say Mayweather is going to ensure it doesn't end in the first round because a quick KO will kill any future for this type of gimmick match for him and Mayweather is a businessman.

McGregor should be the bigger underdog, imo, because the shark doesn't know it's in a race.

I honestly am staying away from betting on this **** like the plague, but if I had to guess I'd say Mayweather is going to ensure it doesn't end in the first round because a quick KO will kill any future for this type of gimmick match for him and Mayweather is a businessman.
Starting fast is probably the worst thing Mayweather could do. He doesn't even have to throw a punch for the first five rounds and he'll still win handily. I expect him to wear McGregor out and absolutely humiliate him.

Phelps stands a better chance.

I went with McGregor since Phelps could probably outpace the shark. :p

i'm not so sure, since the conditions of the Phelps/shark race are unknown. is it a draw if the shark eats Phelps?

I would assume that should be a win for the shark, since Phelps would then be in the sharks stomach, and the shark would therefore cross the finish line first.

I would assume that should be a win for the shark, since Phelps would then be in the sharks stomach, and the shark would therefore cross the finish line first.
if i were phelps' agent, i would have insisted on a clause that said any biting/eating by the shark would be an automatic win for phelps. kind of like the no-MMA kicks/punches clause for mcgregor.

i guess it would be a pyrrhic victory for phelps, though.

In other news, Michael Phelps is RACING A ####### SHARK!!!

When the hell did this come to be?

Regards,
Chris

Or it could be like a Quint/Jaws thing whereas because he's trying to get out (or stay out) of his mouth, his arms are out ahead of the shark.

Can't wait to find out the answer to that age old question, "who's better at boxing, an undefeated professional boxer or some guy?"

Hey now,

It's "Some Asshat" not some guy.

How about if they put Phelps in the ring with MacGregor and Mayweather in a pool with the shark?

I'd much rather both Mayweather and McGregor get the shark. Not sure about Phelps, honestly haven't heard much about him for a long time.

Forget this separately filmed nonsense with the animals.

Side-by-side, whether track or pool. I expect both Hester's and Phelps's times would improve substantially (not being devoured is powerful motivation to bring your A-game to the contest, until the abrupt ending of the race).

Hester can't beat Usain Bolt, and the cheetah would beat him by 4 seconds in the 100m. I cry foul on that claim to victory by Hester. Cheetahs clearly aren't interested in running gassers. They probably aren't very good at the three-cone drills either.

A Great White sharks "walking" speed is as fast as Phelps "best" speed. A Shark in attack mode is about 4-5x faster than it's walking speed.

I'd pick Conor if I had to bet money. Thus, the Shark week race is nothing but a draw to get you to watch something.

A Great White sharks "walking" speed is as fast as Phelps "best" speed. A Shark in attack mode is about 4-5x faster than it's walking speed.

I'd pick Conor if I had to bet money. Thus, the Shark week race is nothing but a draw to get you to watch something.

That's exactly what the boxing match is. It's like LeBron playing Brady 1 on 1 in basketball. Who cares how good the other guy is at a different sport?

Forget this separately filmed nonsense with the animals.

Side-by-side, whether track or pool. I expect both Hester's and Phelps's times would improve substantially (not being devoured is powerful motivation to bring your A-game to the contest, until the abrupt ending of the race).

Hester can't beat Usain Bolt, and the cheetah would beat him by 4 seconds in the 100m. I cry foul on that claim to victory by Hester. Cheetahs clearly aren't interested in running gassers. They probably aren't very good at the three-cone drills either.
Yes... but can the cheetah rush the passer?

Yes... but can the cheetah rush the passer?
Yes, but prone to eat the passer when it gets there....and with the QBs being a premium for the league it'd be a bad idea.

now, if you could limit the cheetah to RBs, it might work out.

I'd much rather both Mayweather and McGregor get the shark. Not sure about Phelps, honestly haven't heard much about him for a long time.
He's been huffing down bong hits, relaxing, and waiting for the right shark to come along.

That's exactly what the boxing match is. It's like LeBron playing Brady 1 on 1 in basketball. Who cares how good the other guy is at a different sport?
Never underestimate the stupidity of the masses. That's pretty much how this fight came to be in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News