PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Vrabel promoted to DC in HOU. Crennel expected to remain UPDATE: O'brien to assume playcalling

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah other teams might have been pegging him as DC as well so Houston did the smart thing

wonder how much input Vrabel had in scheme this past week

Damn, had no idea Romeo was so old.

OT: Varbel has been promoted to new Def. Coordinator in HOU. Crennel expected to remain on staff

maxresdefault.jpg

"Sorry... the correct answer is VARBEL... not Vrabel." :)

Edit: dang that commie Bill Lee... beat me to it! LOL

It seems that at least the Texans believe in what they are doing and have that direction that Mike Lombardi says when he goes on Skip Bayless show. Compared to other situations around the league that's a good thing. I'm not sold on Bill OBrien but you absolutely keep him in charge and let him do his thing for another season, it's hard to have great goals with that QB situation they have but the division seems like is theirs to lose.

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
Very happy for him. It was the only way you could get Vrabel to stay without losing Crennel. He'll be a HC in no time.

Just a reminder: Vrabel's dream job is currently occupied not by Bill Belichick but by Urban Meyer.

I just hope that when he becomes a head coach, that it's in the NFC........
Over/under is 2.5 years.....

This guy will be a head coach somewhere in a few years. College or pro.

I just hope that when he becomes a head coach, that it's in the NFC........
Over/under is 2.5 years.....
If Paul Brown were smart, he would monitor Vrabel's progress as DC and place him on a short list of those to replace Marv Lewis (who should've been fired the day after the regular season ended, anyway) as his HC.

One of my all-time favorite Pats. He'll be a Head Coach in no time. Congrats, Vrabel!

Congrats on the Texans for making smart decisions on the def side.

Now, if they were really smart, they need to hire Atl QB coach and make him the ass OC and tell him his only job is to fix Brock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down