In the Starting Line-up
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The other day I was looking at a car for sale but didn't have a pencil
to jot down the telephone number. To remember the number I used
Patriot Player numbers.
for example I used
Flutie - Andruzzi Cherry O five

for the number 263-3005 (I couldn't think of a 5)

Then there was the number "Izzo Brown less one"
for the 4 digits 5379
Now what is amzing is that the Flutie - Andruzzi Cherry O five
was used about 3 weeks ago and I can still recall it.

I usally make an effort to learn all the player numbers. Now I've got extra
incentive. :)

Only a week to go ... something to pass the time ... as I don't
care to read the gossip thread on Belichick.

Last edited:
Sounds like a fun idea...but what if you get stuck?

"hmmmm is wesley britt 64 or 65? hmmmm"

haha i'm just teasing, sounds kind of fun, at the very least

the other dollar still belongs to the hotel

the clerk keeps 2 of the original 30

the guys each get a buck back, so that is 3

so 30-5 is 25

25 is still not divisible equally amongst the 3 guys...it is 2 less than (9*3)=27, so those 2 bucks are the ones the clerk kept, and the other 25 (including the missing dollar) have to be with the hotel still

I do the same thing when I'm giving someone a number that I don't want mixed company to know. Great idea, only us Pats fans think of these things!!

paid originally 30
money kept by clerk < 2>
amount paid by 3 guys 28 total /3
amount paid per guy 9.333333

that's tricky. I wonder if that works with any other combination of numbers..

weird.

NEM said:
BUT, each guy got back a dollar and they originally paid 10 so that shoudl mean that they only paid 9 each,right?
that equals 27
and the clerk kept 2
that equals 29, right?

wheres the other dollar?

tate actually got it right.....if you reverse the order.

Hotel kept 25
Clerk kept 2, that totals 27
each of the 3 guys got a buck, added to the 27 equals 30

But the fun this is, if you do it the other way..... there's a dollar missing....

Proving, numbers dont always tell the true story....

As is the case in passing yardage, etc........

The only number that means anything is the number of W's in the standings.

NEM said:
BUT, each guy got back a dollar and they originally paid 10 so that shoudl mean that they only paid 9 each,right?
that equals 27
and the clerk kept 2
that equals 29, right?

How does keeping $2 of the $27 paid equal $29?

The guys paid $30. The hotel meant to return $5 of that, but the clerk paid them only $3 and kept the other $2 for himself. The only people who would be confused by that are people who don't know when to add or subtract.

I actually used to do the same trick in the bars before cell phones were around... Of course back then, I was using names like Chris Slade and Drew Bledsoe.

That's a good one NEM! Hope you all won't mind if I add another...

O.K., so... you're on "Let's Make A Deal" with Monty Hall. You have before you three doors: 1 door has the entire New England Patriot Cheerleading Squad behind it (to do with, what you'd like ;-) ). The other two doors offer something lousy like 'Tom Brady's goat' and a 'bucket of GatorAde'.

Now, Monty offers you a door and you pick Door #1. Before you are shown what's behind it, Monty shows you Door #3 and there you see the bucket of Gatorade.

Now.... Monty gives you a choice: To stay with your door (#1), or to switch and take door #2.

My question is this: Figuring you REALLY would rather have the cheerleaders than a goat, are you better to stay with Door #1, or switch and take Door #2??

Last edited:
6 days, 8 hours, 35 minutes, 45 seconds:

The only numbers I care about right now.

MrTumnus said:
That's a good one NEM! Hope you all won't mind if I add another...

O.K., so... you're on "Let's Make A Deal" with Monty Hall. You have before you three doors: 1 door has the entire New England Patriot Cheerleading Squad behind it (to do with, what you'd like ;-) ). The other two doors offer something lousy like 'Tom Brady's goat' and a 'bucket of GatorAde'.

Now, Monty offers you a door and you pick Door #1. Before you are shown what's behind it, Monty shows you Door #3 and there you see the bucket of Gatorade.

Now.... Monty gives you a choice: To stay with your door (#1), or to switch and take door #2.

My question is this: Figuring you REALLY would rather have the cheerleaders than a goat, are you better to stay with Door #1, or switch and take Door #2??

At this point, switch doors to double your chance of winning.

I thought I was the only one who used Patriot player numbers to remember stuff. Usually it's for phone numbers, which I'm horrible at remembering. 555-9427 becomes 555-WarrenHobbs. :D

Since the single digits are tough, I use Yankee numbers (yes, I'm a Yankee fan :snob: :p ).

Last edited:
Hok said:
I thought I was the only one who used Patriot player numbers to remember stuff. Usually it's for phone numbers, which I'm horrible at remembering. 555-9427 becomes 555-WarrenHobbs. :D

Since the single digits are tough, I use Yankee numbers (yes, I'm a Yankee fan :snob: :p ).

Cool ... could have worked McGinest in there on that one. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents