PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Twitter Finally Shut Down Free Access to their API Last Night (Potential Login Issues)

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
As a result, the bar on the right now contains the list of current beat writers, and I'll be adding the players to it at some point. Unfortunately, as I mentioned previously, this change removes the ability to add/remove writers so whoever is in there by default will be viewable. The only workaround would be if you have a Twitter account and you currently have an individual writer blocked (not just not following - but you've blocked them), in that scenario, they won't appear here, either.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but at $100+ per month, that's a cost that is impossible for me to do, unfortunately. Stinks that they did it, but it is what it is :(

I think twitter is dumb
It's certainly a great medium for news, but the fact that they're being nuts about the cost of their API is ridiculous. I understand why they're charging for the sake of dealing with the issues on that platform, but to charge that much (and in some cases significantly more) is just completely insane.

Amazon Studios Relax GIF by ThePeopleWeHateAtTheWedding

Also - for anyone who used Twitter to login to your account, if you can't access your login, hit the "Contact Us" link at the bottom and send an email and I'll obviously help you recover your login.

Last edited:
As I understand it, from reading sources inside twitter, this whole problem with their API arose because they fired a key team. It was so bonkers that one of the people they fired had necessary pass codes.

Reactions: Ian
Also - for anyone who used Twitter to login to your account, if you can't access your login, hit the "Contact Us" link at the bottom and send an email and I'll obviously help you recover your login.
Ian will get back to you in a month. ;)

It is a short sighted revenue generating initiative. I am sure those APIs brought a lot of exposure and therefore traffic. Just another opportunity for a competitor

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back