PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: The Super Bowl ticket quest -- prices are ridiculous (as always)

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I attended four of the Pats' 11 Super Bowls -- 38, 39, 42 and 46. Getting tickets always was an adventure. I think the least I spent was $1.6k each for two good lower-level sideline seats (1-yard line) at Super Bowl 38 in Houston, 18 years ago. Out of curiosity I just checked NFL Ticket Exchange for Sunday's game: prices start at $4k (cheapest nosebleed seat) and top out at $35k (!) for a primo single sideline ticket. Some secondary market sellers have slightly cheaper prices but not by much. I do hope Bengals fans can have a representative presence, the travel alone will be challenging enough.

If/when the Patriots return to the big dance, it's well worth making the effort to go for memories of a lifetime (win or lose).

Last edited:
I attended four of the Pats' 11 Super Bowls -- 38, 39, 42 and 46. Getting tickets always was an adventure. I think the least I spent was $1.6k each for two good lower-level sideline seats (1-yard line) at Super Bowl 38 in Houston, 18 years ago. Out of curiosity I just checked NFL Ticket Exchange for Sunday's game: prices start at $4k (cheapest nosebleed seat) and top out at $35k (!) for a primo single sideline ticket. Some secondary market sellers have slightly cheaper prices but not by much. I do hope Bengals fans can have a representative presence, the travel alone will be challenging enough.

If/when the Patriots return to the big dance, it's well worth making the effort to go for memories of a lifetime (win or lose).

I can attest to the memories of a lifetime. I was lucky enough to go to 36, 38, 39, 42, & 51. When we get back I'm going again.

I can attest to the memories of a lifetime. I was lucky enough to go to 36, 38, 39, 42, & 51. When we get back I'm going again.
Me too! I've been to all of the Pats' Super Bowls since 2001 except the win over Atlanta, and I regretted not going to that one! When the Pats were riding high for a New York minute this year my husband and I started checking out hotel and air fare, casually. If they get in again, I'm going again! The prices are crazy, but it's indescribably awesome to be there.

Me too! I've been to all of the Pats' Super Bowls since 2001 except the win over Atlanta, and I regretted not going to that one! When the Pats were riding high for a New York minute this year my husband and I started checking out hotel and air fare, casually. If they get in again, I'm going again! The prices are crazy, but it's indescribably awesome to be there.
I didn't start checking but in my mind I was there.

You're the one poster here I'm envious of. (PatsDeb ALWAYS lucks out for the Super Bowl!) I wish I made more of an effort to attend vs. Seattle and Atlanta, missed the last one due to a business commitment. Next time for sure, assuming the health holds out.

You're the one poster here I'm envious of. (PatsDeb ALWAYS lucks out for the Super Bowl!) I wish I made more of an effort to attend vs. Seattle and Atlanta, missed the last one due to a business commitment. Next time for sure, assuming the health holds out.
The health part has definitely been a challenge for me for the past year, but we'll have to make a pact to meet up when we get there!

The health part has definitely been a challenge for me for the past year, but we'll have to make a pact to meet up when we get there!

Hopefully we won't need walkers and handicap seats. ;)

I went to the "Not-So-Super Bowl" in 2015...Giants versus the Jete....Midgets won in OT on a FG. I walked out after the game behind Fireman Scred...the steam was still coming off his bald head

Went to 36, 38 and 39... 36 was from a league source... Cost almost nothing... 38 we went to Houston without tickets, copped a pair for 2500... 39 I won the sth lottery, paid 400 each... Tried for 42, but couldn't shake a ticket loose for trying... Wasted arrangements there... The tickets these days are exorbitant ... Feel bad for the Bengal fans who are getting their first crack at going to the game... It's a corporate world now

Went to 36, 38 and 39... 36 was from a league source... Cost almost nothing... 38 we went to Houston without tickets, copped a pair for 2500... 39 I won the sth lottery, paid 400 each... Tried for 42, but couldn't shake a ticket loose for trying... Wasted arrangements there... The tickets these days are exorbitant ... Feel bad for the Bengal fans who are getting their first crack at going to the game... It's a corporate world now

So the STH lottery is real after all? How long have you had your seats? Going into my 28th year now and I never got a sniff.

1993 to 2008

4 seats, section 12 row 6 at foxboro, section 120 row 33 at Gillette

And yes, the sth lottery is real... You get crappy seats, but it got us in the door, which is all that matters

If anyone is interested:

A friend of mine, Bobby Bowman, has 2 Super Bowl tickets, 45 yard line box seats 13 rows up. He paid $1,800 each but he didn't realize when he bought them it was going to be on the same day as his wedding. Probably because of the extra game this year. If you're interested he's looking for someone to take his place.

It's at the Church of Christ in Los Angeles at 4 pm.
The brides name is Jessica, she's 5'3", about 110 lbs, very flexible and a decent cook too.

She'll be the one in the white dress.
------------------------------------------------

If anyone is interested:

A friend of mine, Bobby Bowman, has 2 Super Bowl tickets, 45 yard line box seats 13 rows up. He paid $1,800 each but he didn't realize when he bought them it was going to be on the same day as his wedding. Probably because of the extra game this year. If you're interested he's looking for someone to take his place.

It's at the Church of Christ in Los Angeles at 4 pm.
The brides name is Jessica, she's 5'3", about 110 lbs, very flexible and a decent cook too.

She'll be the one in the white dress.
------------------------------------------------

A few things:

1). The Super Bowl location and date were set before the season began.

2). There are more than 30 churches in Los Angeles named Church of Christ.

3). Bobby Bowman died Jan. 27 in Orlando, Fla. at the age of 78 (obituary link below).

4). Post bikini photos of Jessica or she doesn't exist.

Find Local Obituaries Online,}))&start=0&size=10&filtergroup=cmicreationdate&filtervalue=[%271900-01-01t00:00:00z%27,}&filterchecked=true&grave=false

4). Post bikini photos of Jessica or she doesn't exist.

frA5CVy.jpg

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back