PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: The Revis and Sherman beef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Revis is just being a clown. Dude did nothing after 2014.

But yeah he only gave up that td in the Super Bowl because the ref got in his way.

Sherman is 31 and still a baller after an Achilles injury.

I’ll take prime revis or prime Sherman but revis really needs to stop talking

Thread should have just ended with this post.

Though I'll add Sherman is super fcking annoying and brings most everything on himself. Somehow he got into a spat that he didn’t start himself.

I wonder what cousin Ty’s opinion is on Revis vs. Sherman?
Diva, loud mouthed CB’s make me appreciate Gilmore even more.

Kyle Juszczyk and Kittle combo just as good as Gronk and Develin combo?

Revis and Sherman have both proven over time to be selfish jerks but they're also both legends at one of the coolest positions. I don't see the need to pick sides.

I think Kittle is basically a slightly smaller Gronk but I think Juszczyk is a much more versatile fullback than Develin. Maybe not the same lead blocker but overall I’d say he has more tools.

Damn I put that in the wrong thread^

I didn't really ask my question as the OP, I should have asked WHEN this beef started? What prompted it?

I mean it definitely goes as far back as SB XLIX....five years old at least. Makes me think it goes further back....Revis played for Pitt/NYJ/Bucs with Sherman playing for Stanford/Seattle..those teams don't play on another much.... and both entered the league about 4 years apart....

I think it’s close if we are talking about Gronk and Develin in their prime and healthy (in 2018, Gronk wasn’t close to Kittle as a receiver). I love the 49ers offense because of how they use these two, just like I loved how the Pats used Gronk and Develin. It’s a different way but in both cases tremendous chess pieces that allow you do to so many things.

I’d give a very slight edge to the Patriots just because we’ve seen Gronkowski single handedly beat elite defenses, including in the postseason. And this is not to slight Kittle who I think is the closest player to Gronk I’ve seen. Gronk just had that extra gear that no one else has...total explosion ripping down a ball and physically a sight to behold. But Kittle doesn’t have the injury red flags like Gronk, so it’s possible Kittle is eventually the more valuable long-term player.

I’m sure Revis will have more to say after Sherman got taken to school tonight.

Prime Revis was a lot better than prime Sherman. Both great players though.

Feud didn’t age well for Sherman. Got roasted late and took a terrible angle on Damien Williams TD.

Darrelle Revis goin crazy rn :D. He bout to host a coverage seminar tmrw LMFAO

In crucial moments in the last half, Hill was wide open a few times because the top corner didn’t follow him around. Then Sherman **** the bed on the game winning drive twice both letting Hopkins abuse him and failing to stop the TD.

That doesn’t happen to Revid in his prime

People forget as soon as he was a Jet again he started throwing shade back on the organization and worse didn't defend Tom at all during deflategate. Screw him. Sherman and Brady have had their moments, good and bad, but at least Sherman is consistent and not a fraud.

As far as who is the best corner I think at his peak for a 3-4 year period Revis may have Sherman by a very small increment. I think Sherman however maintained his peak much longer while Revis fell off a cliff. So overall nod to Sherman.

Who cares. Prime Revis > Prime Sherman.

I get the sense that Sherman has severe anxiety from his seemingly bipolar personality. Seems like a guy who would be a good dude as your neighbor but struggles with fame and being in the spotlight.

In terms of who is better, I’d take prime Revis because prime Sherman frequently all-pros around him in Thomas and Chancellor. If Gilmore can maintain something close to this level for another year or two, I just might put him ahead of Revis for overall body of work. At their absolute peak, it’s very close. Do have to say Sherman’s longevity is impressive.

Revis is a jerk put prime Revis excel on any team in any system. Prime Sherman was a phenomenal corner as well but was in a good system surrounded by great players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes