PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Silence is golden when watching football

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-cleater

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
This is an anonymous forum so I think I can say this : why must women talk through the whole damn game? I watched the kids yesterday, did housework, and now I have a full work week ahead. Is it too much to ask to be able to tune out for a little while?

She's going on and on, and now she says "why is it that all they ever talk about is TO ? " .

Does anyone feel my pain?

Dude, she's right. This whole TO thing is really pi$$ing me off. Best thing that could EVER happen..oops...Romo screen int..to that ego head is to ignore him completely. Him and every other self obsessed jerk. Instead they fawn all over him. Ruins the game.

D-cleater said:
This is an anonymous forum so I think I can say this : why must women talk through the whole damn game? I watched the kids yesterday, did housework, and now I have a full work week ahead. Is it too much to ask to be able to tune out for a little while?

She's going on and on, and now she says "why is it that all they ever talk about is TO ? " .

Send her over to my place, I'll keep her quiet, then again maybe she will be alittle loud.:D Just kidding!

I'm the one who talks through the whole game when I watch football with my wife ;)

My related pet peeve, though, is female football announcers - thankfully only on college football so far. I DO NOT want to hear a woman announcing football. Sorry.

D-cleater said:

When I put football one, my wife leaves the room.

And the thing I'm sick of hearing about tonight is Tiki Barber retiring. Tell me Tiki didn't orchestrate that announcement to get maximum exposure.

BelichickFan said:
My related pet peeve, though, is female football announcers - thankfully only on college football so far. I DO NOT want to hear a woman announcing football. Sorry.
That's saying alot considering the crappy quality of most of the announcers out there but I agree. Living in RI we pick up the Yankees feed on a local station and sometimes I hit the memory on the radio (it's on the local Providence sports station) and hear, I think her name is Susan something Oldman, and it kills my ears.

Last edited:
Willie55 said:
When I put football one, my wife leaves the room.

And the thing I'm sick of hearing about tonight is Tiki Barber retiring. Tell me Tiki didn't orchestrate that announcement to get maximum exposure.
Same with my wife although usually she sends the kids in at that point. SHe actually used to go to all the games with me and is a Bills fan so I have had it quite mixed over the years.

I dunno about the female announcer thing...could be kinda nice if the voice was totally phone sex-ish. Never heard a female announcer myself, so thats where I immediately took that thought.

Oh, and by the way, ANYONE would be better that Theisman. Even someone's grandma!

Last edited:
ESPN should throw Kornhole and Theisman out and pay Esiason all the money they can to get him.

PatsRI said:
ESPN should throw Kornhole and Theisman out and pay Esiason all the money they can to get him.

I like Kornheiser. He throws Theisman under the bus and makes good points on occassion.

PatsRI said:
That's saying alot considering the crappy quality of most of the announcers out there but I agree. Living in RI we pick up the Yankees feed on a local station and sometimes I hit the memory on the radio (it's on the local Providence sports station) and hear, I think her name is Susan something Oldman, and it kills my ears.

Bad enough the comment about my wife but then you have to bring up Suzan f in Waldman??? now I'm getting annoyed. I lived in NY for 16 years and had to listen to that ***** for over half of them when they played the Sox. I think I'm gonna vomit.

BTW, I couldn't agree more on the TO thing. I've really been tryin to avoid it ,especially in the suicide fiasco, but you just can't avoid it. ESPN is the worst thing that ever happened to MNF.

ESPN + TO = suffering

shirtsleeve said:
Oh, and by the way, ANYONE would be better that Theisman. Even someone's grandma!

Saw him in the booth with the cowboy hat on when they were talking to Hank Jr. and thought "What's Imus doing there?"

When exactly is the wife talking and what is she saying? There's time between plays to stay stuff like "The SS should be closer to the LOS. Parcells runs 64% of the time in this down and distance." Now if she's yaking about her cat while the QB is scrambling, that's different. I'm sure there's a bar near your house though.

My wife knows to leave the room . . . but she does come back late in the 4th quarter when the game is tied and its third and two at the 45 to ask a question that could of waited until Thursday.

I think this phenomenon is why God invented Sports Bars.

D-cleater said:

You know how it is. God help you if you make a noise while she's watching that Hallmark Channel movie but, anything she's not interested in blah blah blah.

My wife is hilarious while watching football. Made great comments about Bledsoe on the phone with the coaches during MNF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes