PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Phenomenal article by JackieM on Jordan's defense

Thanks for sharing, @DropKickFlutie.

Prior to Jordan "shoving aside" Byron Russell for his final shot in the '98 Finals....he stripped Karl Malone's ball on the block.... that was one of the greatest defensive plays I ever saw along with LeBron's block a few years back.

Thanks for sharing, @DropKickFlutie.

Prior to Jordan "shoving aside" Byron Russell for his final shot in the '98 Finals....he stripped Karl Malone's ball on the block.... that was one of the greatest defensive plays I ever saw along with LeBron's block a few years back.

Also before Jordan assisted John Paxon's three to win their 3rd ring, people forget the Bulls were down 4 points against the Suns with only 1:50 left to go, got some steals and defensive stops and they won by 1.

I've mentioned this several times. Esp when people compare greats. MJ was a legit top 5-10 all-time defender. Great team defender but outstanding on the ball. Something completely lost in today's game. Its got so bad people used to think Rondo was a good defender.

It's something Jordan doesn't get enough credit for and the reason those Bulls team were successful. All-time defenders everywhere you'd look.

They had 3 of the top 10 All-time defenders on the same team in Dennis, Scottie & MJ. Then guys like Harper, Brown, Grant ...

Definitely a lost art.

I've mentioned this several times. Esp when people compare greats. MJ was a legit top 5-10 all-time defender. Great team defender but outstanding on the ball. Something completely lost in today's game. Its got so bad people used to think Rondo was a good defender.

It's something Jordan doesn't get enough credit for and the reason those Bulls team were successful. All-time defenders everywhere you'd look.

They had 3 of the top 10 All-time defenders on the same team in Dennis, Scottie & MJ. Then guys like Harper, Brown, Grant ...

Definitely a lost art.

I was blown away by the stat that since 1973 till now, the only 3 players to ever get 200 steals and 100 blocks in a season were Michael Jordan (twice), Scottie Pippen (once), and Hakeem Olajuwon (once).

I was blown away by the stat that since 1973 till now, the only 3 players to ever get 200 steals and 100 blocks in a season were Michael Jordan (twice), Scottie Pippen (once), and Hakeem Olajuwon (once).

From 88-93 he was first team all defense I believe? Again such an underrated part of his game.

Stockton was another one who was very underrated defensively.

Pip & Rodman were probably two of the best on the ball defenders I've seen. Tony Allen. DJ. Bowen.

Moncrief & Bobby Jones were before my time.

Actually you know who is underrated an defender? J Kidd. Man he could do it all. I loved watching him.

And what's crazy about that stat you mentioned ... MJ did it twice!

From 88-93 he was first team all defense I believe? Again such an underrated part of his game.

Stockton was another one who was very underrated defensively.

Pip & Rodman were probably two of the best on the ball defenders I've seen. Tony Allen. DJ. Bowen.

Moncrief & Bobby Jones were before my time.

Actually you know who is underrated an defender? J Kidd. Man he could do it all. I loved watching him.

And what's crazy about that stat you mentioned ... MJ did it twice!
200px-Dennis_Johnson_Lipofsky.jpg

6× NBA All-Defensive First Team (1979–1983, 1987)
3× NBA All-Defensive Second Team (1984–1986)

200px-Dennis_Johnson_Lipofsky.jpg

6× NBA All-Defensive First Team (1979–1983, 1987)
3× NBA All-Defensive Second Team (1984–1986)
"Pip & Rodman were probably two of the best on the ball defenders I've seen. Tony Allen. DJ. Bowen".

"Pip & Rodman were probably two of the best on the ball defenders I've seen. Tony Allen. DJ. Bowen".
Individually, each was all NBA.

Together, MJ, Pip and Rodman were a terror on D. Give Jackson credit for bringing Dennis in when most teams wouldn't touch him.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back