PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - Peyton Wants to Keep Playing (CBS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad move. The guy is way past his prime and had to get carried to a championship. The only reason he didn't get benched this year is because Osweiler **** the bed. He should bow out "on top" but those records are apparently so important to him that he's willing to be a bad joke for a least one more season.
All things being equal, he won't be owning too many records in the not too distant future. No contender will take him and given the team the Patriots are developing, the AFC will be going through Foxboro for the foreseeable future.

LA is the perfect place for Manning if he wants to keep playing. They need a poster-boy to fill some seats and they just dumped a bunch of veteran contracts so they should have plenty of cap space. It would be surprising if he ends up laying football for any other team.

Houston is his best fit good defense good WR and a weak division but i dont see anyone givein him 20 million maybe the rams will pay him big money just to make sure they sale out all there games in there first year in LA

So who do we think Manning is having his supply of HGH shipped to now?

Peyton : "Hey Eli..since I play for the Jets now...i have a package coming to your house that says 2x champ Manning...just give that package to me and dont open it. Oh if anyone asks...you're the orginal 2x champ so say it was yours"

...actually Godell will probably just deliver it. no need to have it shipped

I think the Rams are definitely his best shot if he does intend to keep playing. They have nothing to lose by taking a flyer on him, and he'd be set up with a strong defense and great running game. His receiving targets wouldn't be great, and I don't think he's a great fit for Tavon Austin's development, but I'm sure he'd love to be able to throw to an athlete like Jared Cook, and being the guy under center for the Rams' return to LA would probably appeal to him.

The major downside--other than the aforementioned lack of WR talent--is that he would be playing in the NFC for the first time in his career, so he wouldn't be especially familiar with the teams he'd be playing against. He'd also be going against the Cardinals and Seahawks each twice, which isn't a recipe for good stats. And since I'm half-convinced that he's intent on coming back because he's worried about Brady breaking his volume stats, I think that would be a big deal to him.

And I dunno if he has any bad blood with Gregg Williams, given the speculation that it was a Williams defense in Washington that was rumored to have hurt his neck originally. But if there is bad blood, he may not want to QB the same team where Williams is DC.

So who do we think Manning is having his supply of HGH shipped to now?

Peyton : "Hey Eli..since I play for the Jets now...i have a package coming to your house that says 2x champ Manning...just give that package to me and dont open it. Oh if anyone asks...you're the orginal 2x champ so say it was yours"

...actually Godell will probably just deliver it. no need to have it shipped

as long as it isnt with the broncos i dont care.
they can win another SB with that defense no matter who the QB is.

Bad move. The guy is way past his prime and had to get carried to a championship. The only reason he didn't get benched this year is because Osweiler **** the bed. He should bow out "on top" but those records are apparently so important to him that he's willing to be a bad joke for a least one more season.

This reminds me of Aikman's last season - a bad one, then he got cut and tried to get on with Miami and finally retired. Peyton is on track to finish his career even less gracefully.

Came here just to read the hate comments.

He saw Brady's extension, crunched the numbers/records, pounded his fist and is now looking at all the options...

This is the first thought that crossed my mind as well..........MUST PAD STATS!!!!!

Plus right now he is only tied with Brett Favre for most wins of all time.

This reminds me of Aikman's last season - a bad one, then he got cut and tried to get on with Miami and finally retired. Peyton is on track to finish his career even less gracefully.

Hmm, I guess I don't remember Aikman with the Dolphins. I supppose it was like Rice with the Broncos.

The pats have had a couple of well respected veterans that ultimately never made it out of camp.

Off the top of my head I'm thinking...........Reggie Wayne, Torry Holt, John Lynch

Hmm, I guess I don't remember Aikman with the Dolphins. I supppose it was like Rice with the Broncos.

The pats have had a couple of well respected veterans that ultimately never made it out of camp.

Off the top of my head I'm thinking...........Reggie Wayne, Torry Holt, John Lynch

Clarification:
  • Aikman's last season was bad - just like Peyton's last two
  • Cowboys cut him - the cap figured into it.
  • Aikman tried to join Miami, but they were not interested.
  • Aikman finally retired.
  • Three years later, the Eagles were so desperate they asked him if he would fill for the injured Donovan McNabb. Glad he did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe