PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Peyton Manning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or how about people on here should show a little bit more appreciation for other teams players, rather than act like brain-dead homers?

Believe it or not, there are other good players in the league. A bit of a shock, I know.

I don't let how other people post bother me. If they want to be a blatant homer or really pessimistic, fine whatever. I'm just letting him know he has the option of not having to put up with it and leave.

How do you feel about your new kid QB at Michigan? I have a feeling you guys will win your conference (yup, I think you'll beat OSU);)

Tate Forcier is ice cold like Brady.
The offense is fun to watch. The D is too soft though. I want to know if it can stand up to brutus like Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Iowa. We got to get by MSU this weekend first.

I don't let how other people post bother me. If they want to be a blatant homer or really pessimistic, fine whatever. I'm just letting him know he has the option of not having to put up with it and leave.

Don't kid yourself, my post bothered you otherwise you wouldn't have responded.

Don't kid yourself, my post bothered you otherwise you wouldn't have responded.

Not a bit. I'm bored with the Colts/Cards game and im online wasting time. Nice try though. :cool3:

wow what horrible blocking on that 4th and 15.. that RT was sleeping all day long.

Not a bit. I'm bored with the Colts/Cards game and im online wasting time. Nice try though. :cool3:

I'm bored too. Thought I'd get you hooked there for some fun back and forth;)

Any news on the Freeney injury?

Last edited:
Colts up 31-10 and threw for it on 4th-and-8. Tom Jackson, start whining about trying to run up the score, you tubby douche.

Colts up 31-10 and threw for it on 4th-and-8. Tom Jackson, start whining about trying to run up the score, you tubby douche.

Don't hold your breath.

Peyton is probably the best regular season QB of all time, but he is simply a different player in the playoffs (Super Bowl run included), and that's what keeps him below the Bradys and Montanas of the world.

Last edited:
Re: Peyton Manning

Unfortunately he's definitely supplanted TFB for best in the league right now

who cares? all that matters are wins. if peyton throws 100 tds and still ends up exiting early in the playoffs, what does it matter?

Last edited:
Peyton is probably the best regular season QB of all time, but he is simply a different player in the playoffs (Super Bowl run included), and that's what keeps him below the Bradys and Montanas of the world.

this is exactly why i am rooting for San Diego to win their division. i hate the chargers but they own peyton and the colts.

Getting Peyton out on the road in the elements in Janurary is the best formula to beat colts. It seems that he has learnt to deal with pressure better last couple years. He is getting really good at moving around and throwing in the run.

Tom is guy brought us the glory here. He will always be my all time favorite. He definitely has more distractions issues (marriage, new baby, injury, new coordinator) at this moment than Payton.

agreed -- he is really really good

He is great and playing like the MVP so far. The only comment I didn't like was one made by a journalist or commentator that he makes anyone he plays with superstars. I think they were referring to Garcon.

Somewhat true, superstars always make their team mates better. But I assure you Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark are just flat out good and surely you can make the same argument that they make Manning and their other Wr's better.

Manning never had to deal with the makeshift receivers Brady had. And once Brady got superstars he put up the gaudy numbers. Thus on the flip end Peyton never had the defenses Tom had and when he did finally get one he was able to achieve a Superbowl. With the help from Hobbs and some beneficial calls of course

Tom Brady-Peyton Manning debate is still no contest | SouthCoastToday.com

Anyone know who this Buddy Thomas guy is? I assume while he's from New England, he's a Ron Borges, Pats hater type of guy?

The Brady/Manning debate is a lot closer than people think on both sides of the argument. Both, if they retired today, would be regarded as two of the best of all-time in most people's eyes who don't have a blind hatred for one of them. Some think Brady's better because he's more consistent and reliable in the postseason and puts up very good numbers in the regular season, some think Manning's better because he consistently puts up great numbers in the regular season.

Like I always say though, Manning had 3 full years of time before Brady to pad his stats, and another year last year, which you can blame on Bernard Pollard and the offensive line, not Brady.

And also, Manning's 7-8 postseason record speaks for itself.

Despite that, he's a thrill to watch in the regular season, and has a ring so it's not like he's this generation's Dan Marino. I just think Brady is more reliable and consistent September through February.

I'm impressed with Manning because he's damn good, not because of his numbers. Those who take him over Brady simply because he usually throws 5 more TDs a year are the same guy that would take the sexy girl that cancels dates out of the blue over the pretty girl that's completely reliable and more fun to be around and talk to.

And also, Manning's 7-8 postseason record speaks for itself.

No, it doesn't. There are 22+ Starters on a football team, and Manning (and Brady) never spend time on the field with half of them. Football teams have offenses and defenses and both are important.

The biggest factor in the two players playoff records has been their team's defenses. Brady has had fantastic ones (in 03-04), to slightly below average ones. Manning has had atrocious ones to below average ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes