PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blaming Brady for those 2 AFCCG? LMAO

2013 was a mediocre team and a miracle they went 12-4

2015 are you really going to blame him when he got hit 20+ times because the line couldn’t block anything?

When did I say that? I said he didn't play well, and yes it was a factor...and I already mentioned the OL. Triggered easily? :rolleyes:

When did I say that? I said he didn't play well, and yes it was a factor...and I already mentioned the OL. Triggered easily? :rolleyes:
You said poor QB play.
In 2013 he went into Denver with

Julian Edelman
Danny Amendola
Austin Collie
Aaron Dobson
Michael Hoomanawanui

against

Demaryius Thomas
Eric Decker
Wes Welker
Julius Thomas

in 2015 he was going against one of the best defenses ever with a banged up Edelman and Amendola.They both gutted it out but were obviously banged up. He did have Gronk going beast mode though. I think he was hit the most times in that game since they started tracking the stat in 2006. Just like at Ware and Miller’s comments about what he went through that game.

You said poor QB play.
In 2013 he went into Denver with

Julian Edelman
Danny Amendola
Austin Collie
Aaron Dobson
Michael Hoomanawanui

against

Demaryius Thomas
Eric Decker
Wes Welker
Julius Thomas

in 2015 he was going against one of the best defenses ever with a banged up Edelman and Amendola.They both gutted it out but were obviously banged up. He did have Gronk going beast mode though. I think he was hit the most times in that game since they started tracking the stat in 2006. Just like at Ware and Miller’s comments about what he went through that game.

It's a team game. Bad OL and banged up WRs lead to bad QB play. I'm not pinning those losses primarily on him. It certainly didn't help that Gostkowski's missed XP led to Brady making a bad throw to Edelman in double coverage on the 2 point play.

So in answer to my question, you are in fact just trying to be an ass...got it.

The fact that NE lost several games in Denver does not necessarily mean it was solely because of the altitude. A lot of that had to do with injuries to the OL and WR and poor QB play in those games, especially the 2013 and 2015 AFCCGs. But the fact that Bill has gone into Denver so many times it gives the coaches and training staff a huge edge in how to combat altitude sickness.

Pats got Pot Roast’d in the 2013 game. That’s ok seeing Fivehead get trucked in the SB made it almost worth it.

So in answer to my question, you are in fact just trying to be an ass...got it.

The fact that NE lost several games in Denver does not necessarily mean it was solely because of the altitude. A lot of that had to do with injuries to the OL and WR and poor QB play in those games, especially the 2013 and 2015 AFCCGs. But the fact that Bill has gone into Denver so many times it gives the coaches and training staff a huge edge in how to combat altitude sickness.

I have a high degree of admiration for Belichick, but there are limits to the amount of BelichickDeism that I can take. Here’s one right here. Bill must be the only coach who is aware, through experience, of how to travel to Denver to acclimate the team, and so the Patriots have a huge edge. Other teams are bunch of absolute morons who are unaware of the altitude and wouldn’t think to arrive earlier than Sunday at 12:45.

I have a high degree of admiration for Belichick, but there are limits to the amount of BelichickDeism that I can take. Here’s one right here. Bill must be the only coach who is aware, through experience, of how to travel to Denver to acclimate the team, and so the Patriots have a huge edge. Other teams are bunch of absolute morons who are unaware of the altitude and wouldn’t think to arrive earlier than Sunday at 12:45.

It's the same reasoning for why a lot of warm weather teams can't play in Foxboro in January. They are simply not used to it. Bill, on the other hand, has made sure his team is conditioned properly- like running up the hills behind the practice field in August. Being in better shape does help you when you are sucking wind in the 4th quarter in Denver. So yes many other coaches are morons.

An elite run blocker and a deadly red zone weapon. It will work out perfectly for Tampa is teams don't take Gronk seriously and get lulled into a false sense of security because Brady has so many other targets to spread it out to. On the Pats, all Brady really had was Edelman and Gronk, but in Tampa Gronk is just another piece of a much larger puzzle

Gronk hasnt lost the ability to run or catch, so if someone sleeps on him he will make them pay dearly

Listening to the Bucs beat guy who was on Curran's pod it doesn't even sound like Gronk has been a particularly good blocker so far. I think you are just projecting what Gronk was in NE and at his peak onto the corpse we have seen so far in Tampa.

I hope for his sake that this is similar to 2017 where he just needs a couple weeks to catch up physically and mentally because otherwise he will be benched soon with Brate available.

2015 are you really going to blame him when he got hit 20+ times because the line couldn’t block anything?

I guess his INT that turned into 7 in a tight game inside our own 20 was also because of the OL, right ? All that pressure..

Was he the reason for the loss ? Of course not, that is ridiculous. Was he among the players that screwed up big plays in that game ? Yep.

Lets stick with what happened and not the myth of it being someone else's fault when there is failure.

Last edited:
I guess his INT that turned into 7 in a tight game inside our own 20 was also because of the OL, right ? All that pressure..

Was he the reason for the loss ? Of course not, that is ridiculous. Was among the players that screwed up big plays in that game ? Yep.

Lets stick with what happened and not the myth of it being someone else's fault when there is failure.

Brady again staring down Gronk instead of dumping it off to a wide open James White in the flat. He did the same thing in SB 52 when he was strip sacked in the biggest play of the game...he missed James White for what would have been an easy first down.

Brady again staring down Gronk instead of dumping it off to a wide open James White in the flat. He did the same thing in SB 52 when he was strip sacked in the biggest play of the game...he missed James White for what would have been an easy first down.

Agreed. I bet Brady of old (2001-2004) wouldn't be staring anyone down. He developed that habit when Moss and Welker got here.

Was he the reason for the loss ? Of course not, that is ridiculous. Was among the players that screwed up big plays in that game ? Yep.

Miller was a monster that season. Our new QB can attest to that.

Bucs and Pats are catching a break not seeing him this year.

White is the checkdown on that play.. Von Miller made an outstanding play, he chucked Gronk and made it look like he was going inside. Brady saw the opening with Gronk breaking on the flag route (flag is inside out i think and post is outside in?), but miller read it and made an awesome play

Regrettable play by Brady, but it wasn't a boneheaded play so much as a really great play by Von Miller

Yeah, you spent thousand for Brady memorabilia. When did you buy it? Seems you have every negative play he made imprinted on your brain ready to broadcast it to the world. You know you'd be a little.more believable if you'd stio doing that. ...and you still have sb1 following you with likes and winners everytime you criticize Brady. Which is pretty regular

Yeah, you spent thousand for Brady memorabilia. When did you buy it? Seems you have every negative play he made imprinted on your brain ready to broadcast it to the world. You know you'd be a little.more believable if you'd stio doing that. ...and you still have sb1 following you with likes and winners everytime you criticize Brady. Which is pretty regular

I only brought it up because @luuked posted a video of him throwing an INT to Miller. It's very similar to Brady staring down Gronk and Edelman on other plays. He's made plenty of mistakes, you know, despite being the most accomplished QB in NFL history. :rolleyes:

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Listening to the Bucs beat guy who was on Curran's pod it doesn't even sound like Gronk has been a particularly good blocker so far. I think you are just projecting what Gronk was in NE and at his peak onto the corpse we have seen so far in Tampa.

I hope for his sake that this is similar to 2017 where he just needs a couple weeks to catch up physically and mentally because otherwise he will be benched soon with Brate available.

ahh interesting, admittedly i havent been paying much attention to his blocking this year, so you're right i probably am just projecting his past prowess to his new team. It does sound similar to 2017 like you said, BB was pretty peeved with Gronk early that year.. and i think that was the year he started doing TB12 methods and came in under weight, I thought i remember BB commenting that he didnt have game strength or something of that nature

I'd imagine that Gronk will still have his uses in the redzone tho, hes not at his GOAT level anymore but he's not someone you can ignore either

ahh interesting, admittedly i havent been paying much attention to his blocking this year, so you're right i probably am just projecting his past prowess to his new team. It does sound similar to 2017 like you said, BB was pretty peeved with Gronk early that year.. and i think that was the year he started doing TB12 methods and came in under weight, I thought i remember BB commenting that he didnt have game strength or something of that nature

I'd imagine that Gronk will still have his uses in the redzone tho, hes not at his GOAT level anymore but he's not someone you can ignore either

Yeah, allegedly BB ripped him a new one openly after he was being repeatedly man handled during camp by smaller players in the blocking game. Some are making the connection to the TB12 ****e others to him coming back from back surgery. Either way early on he was a total shell of himself and it took him almost until the midpoint of the season to turn it around.

The thing with him in the redzone is the question whether he will be much more effective there than e.g. Howard/Brate could be given the same routes. Both are large players with good hands so there is not much with what Gronk can distinguish himself from them given the compressed space.

From what I have seen in the first two Bucs games Evans might become the new Gronk for Brady (i.e. the player he looks for when he needs a big play). He also has the athleticism and body type to be effective in those seam routes that put Gronk into the HoF.

White is the checkdown on that play.. Von Miller made an outstanding play, he chucked Gronk and made it look like he was going inside. Brady saw the opening with Gronk breaking on the flag route (flag is inside out i think and post is outside in?), but miller read it and made an awesome play

Regrettable play by Brady, but it wasn't a boneheaded play so much as a really great play by Von Miller
That's correct, I recall the replay at the time and it was a cagey amazing play by Miller to make that pick, not the QB's fault.

I cannot believe this schmoe called the 2015 AFCCG in Denver an example of poor QB play for the Patriots.

That was one of Brady's finest moments. The level of QB play was very high, and quite frankly amazing.

Even if you can't watch the whole game Start at 35 of this video and then focus on the 4th quarter which was spectacular play. He'd never been under more pressure in his career and still really accurate on his throws.

What in the world are you watching???!?!

Last edited:
Yeah, it's all become routine at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes