PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

what the hell is going on? Cappa, AB, Winfield all injured these last two games. if he winds up playing I wonder if he’ll still be effective. ankle injury probably rough on that surface

Winfield would be a bigger loss than AB. Cannot afford to get thinner there.

What the **** what’s Winfield’s injury

What the **** what’s Winfield’s injury

Nevermind he practiced fully the other day nothing to see here.

Kevin King is there other starting Corner he’s been limited and is questionable. That’s huge is he misses or is limited in the game he has no chance vs Godwin and should free up Miller/Johnson vs the other corners

Am I the only one who doesnt think Antonio Brown being out will effect them much? Scottie Miller has done just as good this year IMO.

Antonio Brown isnt the same guy he was with the steelers once you take away the "big name"

Am I the only one who doesnt think Antonio Brown being out will effect them much? Scottie Miller has done just as good this year IMO.

Antonio Brown isnt the same guy he was with the steelers once you take away the "big name"
I agree. They put 38 on GB without Brown in week 6. The bigger impact is Vea. That is an absolutely enormous addition on the Line to both stop the run and push the pocket into Rodgers face.

I think theres alot more pressure on Rodgers to win this game than Brady. if Brady loses he still had an amazing season at 43 and he still has his 6 rings. so it doesnt effect his legacy much.

if Rodgers loses here, I think the questions are going to begin to creep up. Because for all his talent and accolades if he only can win 1 super-bowl not sure how the media etc. can try and call him the "GOAT" he doesnt even have as many rings as Peyton or Eli manning. Its amazing to me that as good as he is this is his FIRST NFCCG at home.

Packers beat up on weak teams all year. Out of the 14 playoff teams Packers had the 2nd worst Strength of Victory (behind the dolts who ironically was one of the 3 teams to beat them) and the weakest schedule

I mean just look at their schedule

@Vikings W
Lions W
@Saints W
Falcons W
@Bucs L
@Texans W
Vikings L
@49ers W
Jags W (I recall this game coming down the Packers defense having to make a stop at the end)
@Colts L
Bears W
Eagles W
@Lions W
Panthers W (another home game that came down to the Packers needing a defensive stop at the end)
Titans W (Titans arguably had one of the worst defenses ever)
Rams W (Same Rams team that somehow lost to the jest who were tanking for Lawrence)

Only impressive win they had all year was back in September and it ended up not really being that impressive because the Saints only quality wins were against the Bucs who just knocked them out of the playoffs

what the hell is going on? Cappa, AB, Winfield all injured these last two games. if he winds up playing I wonder if he’ll still be effective. ankle injury probably rough on that surface

I was reading some of the fan forums and many think he came into the practice week with the injury or did it on Wed and then gave him Friday as a rest day. He was a full participant on Thursday so it makes sense. That would be best case scenario.

Perhaps the Bucs should play zone.

What to watch for: If there has been anything to gripe about in Matt LaFleur's highly successful two-year run as the Packers' coach, perhaps it is being a step slow to adjust. When these teams met in Week 6, the Bucs played zone coverage on 61% of quarterback Aaron Rodgers' dropbacks, and Rodgers had his only multi-interception game this season. And in general, the more teams have played zone against Rodgers over the past two years, the better they have fared. LaFleur and offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett know what's coming in terms of coverage, and how they plan for it will dictate their level of success against a tough Tampa Bay defense. -- Rob Demovsky

I agree. They put 38 on GB without Brown in week 6. The bigger impact is Vea. That is an absolutely enormous addition on the Line to both stop the run and push the pocket into Rodgers face.

Depending on how much in football shape he is in. He's certainly not going to be in game shape after missing so many games, so don't expect to see him out there on every defensive snap.

Depending on how much in football shape he is in. He's certainly not going to be in game shape after missing so many games, so don't expect to see him out there on every defensive snap.
Yeah. I would think 50% of the snaps. I would think he is in there in first and second the most to stop the run. And then on any big third downs late in the game.

I gladly admit I may have missed something, but I do not see where is demonstrates that. It says "Of the 108 freezing games played at Lambeau, the Packers are 78-29-2, winning 72% of the time (and 74% if we subtract the ties)."
I always thought that ties don't count as a win or a loss and don't count toward the winning %. Apparently a team gets a half win with a tie.

Packers beat up on weak teams all year. Out of the 14 playoff teams Packers had the 2nd worst Strength of Victory (behind the dolts who ironically was one of the 3 teams to beat them) and the weakest schedule

I mean just look at their schedule

@Vikings W
Lions W
@Saints W
Falcons W
@Bucs L
@Texans W
Vikings L
@49ers W
Jags W (I recall this game coming down the Packers defense having to make a stop at the end)
@Colts L
Bears W
Eagles W
@Lions W
Panthers W (another home game that came down to the Packers needing a defensive stop at the end)
Titans W (Titans arguably had one of the worst defenses ever)
Rams W (Same Rams team that somehow lost to the jest who were tanking for Lawrence)

Only impressive win they had all year was back in September and it ended up not really being that impressive because the Saints only quality wins were against the Bucs who just knocked them out of the playoffs
I’m beginning to worry that you’re having trouble finding the post from 2014 where I supposedly bet someone my account that the Seahawks would clap the Pats. Please let me know if you need some help.

That's great. Brady feeds off this stuff, everyone writing him off. He's too old stuff. I think he Gorilla glued a chip on his shoulder.
Brady's what Mrs. Rover likes to call a well balanced Irishman... chips on both shoulders. :)

I’m beginning to worry that you’re having trouble finding the post from 2014 where I supposedly bet someone my account that the Seahawks would clap the Pats. Please let me know if you need some help.

I guess you didn't but I bet you and you pu*sed out

Post in thread 'Seahawks look scary' Seahawks look scary

AB is a superior WR to Miller.

With that said Miller is pretty good and TB has plenty -o-talent on O.

Oh wow...a member on a football forum posted in December 2014 that the Patriots likely wouldn’t be able to do enough on offense to defeat a team with one of the greatest defenses ever, which incidentally would later dominate the postseason with that defense he praised.

In the actual game in question, offense entered the 4th quarter trailing 24-14, having also given up two interceptions, before mounting an unlikely, gutsy comeback and still needing one of the most fortunate plays in league history to seal the win.

You totally owned him, dude. Most of us online forum pundits are picking at a 1.000 rate, especially on theoretical matchups eight weeks ahead of time.

Yep. So that makes you a liar. And an angry one at that. The game ended 28-24 on a goal line INT. I’m not sure where I was wrong about them matching up well with the Pats. The only thing I appeared to be wrong about was them “locking down” our offense. So I’ll own that. I’ve been wrong many times before. I was wrong about the team’s Super Bowl chances in 2018, too, if you recall. Also, LMAO at “****ed out.” It’s a message board. You take this **** very seriously, huh? May I suggest losing 100 pounds and shedding that V-Card? It’ll help with the anger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back