PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know about that - I thought they played really well on both sides of the ball in the second half. Hung right in there with imo the best team and QB in football and almost a really impressive comeback. I think they have a good shot if they get hot.

The only team I’d be scared of for them is NO that’s only if brees is back. I’d expect Payton to coach circles around that clown on the sidelines but NO chokes a lot and they won’t have the crowd advantage. I’m not scared of GB even in Lambo I think if Bowles gets his head out his ass they’d have enough to stop that offense. Brady will toss it all over them and Jones ran wild vs them last game. Seattle’s defense is absolutely terrible it would be a shoot out but Tampa actual has a chance stopping Seattle. The Rams are inconsistent and I’m not trusting a team starting Goeff.

Im with Romo all they have to do is play like they did that second half on offense

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
“There’s not a play Tom Brady hasn’t heard of and there isn’t a play Tom Brady hasn’t run.” - Byron Leftwich

They give context (which is important when analyzing any stat) and also stand out on their own. Get some sleep and try again tomorrow.

Yes, QB rating also includes INTs, which you left out of in your "high-level" determination of Brady. It's a more comprehensive stat than just TDs and yards, which are deceptive since they don't take into account QB's mistakes (the most important job of a QB is to protect the ball).

You had a hard day. Ice up, son.

LOL. Trollin just can’t resist.

Minnesota has weapons and are coached well, so they put up a fight. Atlanta should be easy. Worst case scenario is Bucs go 10-6.

Yes, QB rating also includes INTs, which you left out of in your "high-level" determination of Brady. It's a more comprehensive stat than just TDs and yards, which are deceptive since they don't take into account QB's mistakes (the most important job of a QB is to protect the ball).

You had a hard day. Ice up, son.
Right. Which still tells the story of a QB playing at a high level. Especially when you can’t even bring yourself to say that all of those INTs were his fault. You didn’t even dispute that fact, for good reason. By the definition of the word and your own rankings, he’s playing at said high level. So I really didn’t have much work to do on this one since you sank your own argument like the Lusitania. The declaration of victory is comedy gold, though. You know as well as I do that you got your ass whipped. The angry tenor of your posts as today went on and the quips tell that story. So the only “icing up” that I need to do is dropping ice in my whiskey for an easy piece of work. Appreciate the lay-up.

Right. Which still tells the story of a QB playing at a high level. Especially when you can’t even bring yourself to say that all of those INTs were his fault. You didn’t even dispute that fact, for good reason. By the definition of the word and your own rankings, he’s playing at said high level. So I really didn’t have much work to do on this one since you sank your own argument like the Lusitania. The declaration of victory is comedy gold, though. You know as well as I do that you got your ass whipped. The angry tenor of your posts as today went on and the quips tell that story. So the only “icing up” that I need to do is dropping ice in my whiskey for an easy piece of work. Appreciate the lay-up.

I guess you're right - Brady is playing above average this season and that is the definition of "high level." His QB rating (taking into account touchdowns, yards, and INTs) suggests he is having high a level a season as Bridgewater, Rivers, and Lamar. If he improves, he can catch Justin Herbert.

Last edited:
Brady has become the source of drama wherever he is. It happened here, and it is happening in Tampa with the bizarre sh*t playing out between him and Arians. Some of it is not his fault (Deflategate) and some it is. Some of it is media, but Brady also finds ways to add fuel to the fire. Generally having your QB the leading actor in a soap opera is not healthy for a team. Maybe he cannot just be a “normal” QB anymore, but there is some part of him that seems to like the drama (cryptic social media posts, etc).

Minnesota has weapons and are coached well, so they put up a fight. Atlanta should be easy. Worst case scenario is Bucs go 10-6.
I think an inconsistant Bucs team loses another game. I think 10-6 is likely, despite poor opponents.

Brady has become the source of drama wherever he is. It happened here, and it is happening in Tampa with the bizarre sh*t playing out between him and Arians. Some of it is not his fault (Deflategate) and some it is. Some of it is media, but Brady also finds ways to add fuel to the fire. Generally having your QB the leading actor in a soap opera is not healthy for a team. Maybe he cannot just be a “normal” QB anymore, but there is some part of him that seems to like the drama (cryptic social media posts, etc).

Y’all heard it here first Brady yes Tom ****ing Brady is a bad locker room guy. Can’t make this stuff up, jets/bills/dolphin fans have more respect for Brady than some in here. Great fans we got

Also despite having the GOAT play action passer Tampa is 26th in the league at play action passing. This is with a rb that’s top 10 in rushing

Ummm.... Brady was not elite in the playoffs that year. He had an elite game vs. the Chargers. But he was uneven against the Chiefs that game. He did throw two INTs in the first half of that game and only averaged 7.6 YPP. And a lot of the offense was attributed to the Pats rushing for 176 yards and 4 rushing TDs. And he struggled a bit against the Rams in the Super Bowl. You are talking two games.
That game winning drive was as elite as it gets

That game winning drive was as elite as it gets
There were 3 great 3rd and long conversions, but he was only 4/9 on the drive. It was elite, but living on the edge elite. Edelman was also boss on that drive, as he was in the SB.

Tom will ultimately finish the season with 35-37 tds, but won't be viewed as a great season.No risk it, no biscuit just get you more touchdowns and more interceptions. The patriots used to feast on teams like that.

So that explains why NE only went to the SB 9 out of the 18 years TB started. Plus he must have been rooting for Bledsoe to get hurt the rookie year he sat. And he must have been undermining Cassel to miss the playoff the year he was injured.

So that explains why NE only went to the SB 9 out of the 18 years TB started. Plus he must have been rooting for Bledsoe to get hurt the rookie year he sat. And he must have been undermining Cassel to miss the playoff the year he was injured.
Brady earlier in his career was quite different than towards the end of his time here. There were probable reasons - the Jimmy G threat, the SB 52 fiasco, the Guerrero situation, Deflategate (I think BB’s saying “you have to ask Tom about that” pissed Brady off more than is known). Brady was not as content here, there was more conflict, and more of it got outside the building. Brady early in his career never seemed to make waves, by the end here there were 10 and 20 footers. He was trying to globally brand himself, and the whole TB12 thing became an issue for the Pats’ training staff, and thus Belichick. Brady was constantly in the news. Deflategate went on for 2 years. It isn’t necessarily anyone’s fault, but Brady became a megastar, and drama follows megastars. It has continued in Tampa - where Arians seems weirdly invested in trying to needle Brady in public.

There were 3 great 3rd and long conversions, but he was only 4/9 on the drive. It was elite, but living on the edge elite. Edelman was also boss on that drive, as he was in the SB.
Talk about splitting hairs. 3 third and longs with a Superbowl on the line is about as clutch as you can get. Aside from Kellerman and Parker every analyst pretty universally praised Brady for that performance. He's the goat because of how he consistantly has come through under dire circumstances. The 4 completions trump the 5 incompletions by a million miles. Great when he had to be.

Brady was clutch when it really mattered in that game. The only takeaway Pats fans should have of Brady in that game was that he was a boss.

Brady was clutch when it really mattered in that game. The only takeaway Pats fans should have of Brady in that game was that he was a boss.
Yes he was. But there is a fine line between success and failure in the NFL. Dee Ford’s foot was where it should have been and the game ends with a Brady pick. Brady’s great strength and why he was so successful in big situations was that he would forget about the last play and focus on the next one, no matter the situation. And never, ever quit on a game.

He and the team he was playing with wasn't being coached by Arians then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3