PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION OT: NFL week 17 other games

Ben was as teary-eyed as a drunk woman in a bar's bathroom stall.

Yo could not pay me to watch tonight’s game.
Ironic thing to say about an ESPN-only game.

No, Ben's last game is next week. Tonight is his last HOME game.
Might have been Baker's last game of the season, he's saying he needs shoulder surgery.

I forgot, but CLE did pick up his fifth year option so they're paying him $18M for next year no matter what.

Seems like he'll have to show a lot better next year to even have a sniff at a big extension.

Some comments I found interesting:

I have massive concerns. He’s height and speed deficient, and, Dan, if you and I were running a team, he’s maybe — maybe — the sixth-best quarterback in the AFC when you think about Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes, Justin Herbert, Derek Carr. This is the golden age of quarterbacks in the AFC. Arguably, he’s the third-best quarterback in the AFC North behind Lamar and Joe Burrow. So, I’m paying him, maybe, in that mid-tier market, but we can’t win a championship with Baker Mayfield. Do we want to go to war every day with the sixth- or seventh-best quarterback in our conference?
Tannenbaum agreed with Patrick’s assessment and said that if he were the Browns GM, he’d like to be in the $28-$30 million per year range like Minnesota Vikings QB Kirk Cousins. He also said he’d give Mayfield and his agents a choice: either sign at that mid-tier number and play for titles with a stacked roster or go play for a bad team at that top-tier number and hope you get lucky with a great defense.
Ref: Former NFL GM Says There's No Way He'd Give Baker Mayfield a Massive Extension: 'Do We Want to Go to War Every Day With the 6th- or 7th-Best Quarterback in Our Conference?'

I gotta wonder if the Cousins deal is still on the table. At best you let him play on the $18M deal and take a shot at drafting someone/anyone to give him some competition next season. We see young backups like Hunley and Davis Mills looking pretty good these days. Baker just ain't the answer.

I actually did use Wax Tadpole as a handle many online lifetimes ago :cool:
I had one of your creations as PC wallpaper back around the beginning of the Brady era. Tadpole Prophecies was a conversation starter. “What does that mean?” People would ask. “I’m not really sure,” was the conversation ender.

I had one of your creations as PC wallpaper back around the beginning of the Brady era. Tadpole Prophecies was a conversation starter. “What does that mean?” People would ask. “I’m not really sure,” was the conversation ender.
I'd love to have been there - blank looks can be as much fun as laughs, if not more.

Anyway, as I'm quite the packrat, it's your lucky day! I found it in my spinning-rust archive! :haha: :thumbsup:

In case context is needed: The Mothman Prophecies (2002) - IMDb

Tadpole Prophecies.jpg

Last edited:
Roethlisberger and joe paterno are worshipped in Pennsylvania while the same people treat tom brady like the biggest a hole on earth. Just let that marinate for a moment
It's times like this I miss the exploding-brain reaction
Joel Embiid Mind Blown GIF by Mountain Dew

That was 20 years ago… my children were teenagers…I had this as wallpaper on my Windows 2000 computer
Ah, nostalgia :D Hopefully seeing this triggered some good feelings!

I miss working with the Bryce 3D program. I could render some nice stuff with minimal effort.

Ah, nostalgia :D Hopefully seeing this triggered some good feelings!

I miss working with the Bryce 3D program. I could render some nice stuff with minimal effort.

marginally apropos since we were discussing the Pittsburgh game last night.
I had forgotten the context of the wallpaper. If that 2001 team could win it all, why not this year? Everyone is beatable this season.

marginally apropos since we were discussing the Pittsburgh game last night.
I had forgotten the context of the wallpaper. If that 2001 team could win it all, why not this year? Everyone is beatable this season.
Yep. I do remember listening to sports radio in the lead up to the SB and getting that "Pats lucky to be there" vibe, which ended up being a nice personal psychological setup for the surprise. It would be nice to relive that experience :)

yep. The only way pitt can make the playoffs is to win both games left AND indy losing to jags. So a loss either week and theyre done

edit: just realized you meant bmore not Pittsburgh. I get murder and rape mixed up sometimes!

“I like rape.”

Their rookie RT almost did… and Stefanski Never game him help!
Well facing watt isn’t the best idea for a rookie but first rd pick Wills struggled sometimes against I believe third or fourth rd pick Alex highsmith as well who I liked a lot coming out of college

Faker sprayfield
Najee harPISS
Nick CHUMP
Jarvis BANdry
Mason BOOdolph
Juju smith STUPIDFACE

i think that takes care of that game… almost
Baker mayfield is already the nickname imo

ESPN gave him the full “This Is Your Life” treatment, complete with custom stat animations, fawning commentary, clips of Roethlisberger from days when his head wasn’t quite as fat and endless graphics of his current fat, annoying head in between every play. You might believe, given the presentation, that this night was an appropriate goodbye for one of the NFL’s greatest players.

You would be wrong, because Ben Roethlisberger sucks. God, he sucks. Just THINKING about him sucks. I wish he’d never been born. But born he was. Therefore we must, as a society, grapple with this man’s enduring legacy of being a tactless, selfish, belligerent ****head.

Faker sprayfield
Najee harPISS
Nick CHUMP
Jarvis BANdry
Mason BOOdolph
Juju smith STUPIDFACE

i think that takes care of that game… almost

Paging Dikembe ... Dikembe please report to the courtesy desk.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back