PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: NFL Network layoffs

NFL-N is nothing but hawt takes, social media, and yellow journalism anyways. Their best is Scott H on Red Zone - at least he is safe.
Yep. Do people still tune in for actual NFL discussion on that channel? Don't get me wrong, I can watch NFL films and even the top 10 shows all day long, but anything else on that channel has been hot garbage for years IMO.

Yep. Do people still tune in for actual NFL discussion on that channel? Don't get me wrong, I can watch NFL films and even the top 10 shows all day long, but anything else on that channel has been hot garbage for years IMO.
Back in the early 2000's, Ron Jaworski did a breakdown show on Sundays/ESPN. Detailed analysis without being overdone - he showed what really happened on a play and why, often highlighting an unsung "hero" of the play. This is what sports channels need to be doing.

Instead we have parrots who are more concerned with End Zone Dances and Tik Tok. Oh - the occasional interview with some has-been actor or band. Because, you know, that's a source of NFL news, right?

Back in the early 2000's, Ron Jaworski did a breakdown show on Sundays/ESPN. Detailed analysis without being overdone - he showed what really happened on a play and why, often highlighting an unsung "hero" of the play. This is what sports channels need to be doing.

Instead we have parrots who are more concerned with End Zone Dances and Tik Tok. Oh - the occasional interview with some has-been actor or band. Because, you know, that's a source of NFL news, right?
Yep. Jaws was great.

Sports media unfortunately has gone the sports talk radio route. Hot takes, screaming, and stupid shticks. 12 or so years ago Stephen A Smith was let go from ESPN after his show was cancelled after 2 seasons. Fast forward a decade and the network has basically been built around him.

I remember that show! Even with the ****tsdirt Squealers stooge Merril Hoge on it, it was still a must-watch before the games...

Good for all those who were given their release from NFLN. That network could be manned by AI bots controlled by a master AI bot on Jerry Jones smartphone. Giardi will land on his feet and should be tackling much broader topics.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back