PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: My disgust with the sports store in the Holyoke Mall

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is idiotic. I grew up near Holland and Wales. Tiny towns they may be, believe me, we've heard of them.

We've also heard of Sandisfield, Egremont, Chesterfield, Becket, Great Barrington, Florida, Rowe, Han****, Monterey, Hampden and Stockbridge.

I grew up in Wilbraham and I wear Western Mass like a badge of honor. I wish all this bashing would stop. The Boston area may have more appeal and more fun places to go/things to do, but for those of us who hail from Western Mass, we call it home and it is a beautiful part of the state, all of it quintessential New England at its finest.

Bob G
"Slow down, you move too fast," don't forget Charlemont! Or Zoar, or Monroe, or Drury.

I stopped by the Christmas Tree Shop in the Holyoke Mall and it's filled with nothing but future Garage Sale Fodder.

People were picking through the Chinese crap like it was some type of treasure.

Really, I don't get why people think the Christmas Tree Shop is so great. Bunch of useless junk that nobody needs.

NFS, I avoid that place like the plague. When I am retired and have too much time on my hands I am going to stand at the counter and say to people. "You don't need that do you? You really gonna spend you money on that."

My step mother in law spent about $2000 there decorating her new house. Huge bouquet centerpiece things that you can't see anyone else at the table. WTF?

Ok here are some facts about Holyoke/Springfield

#1 They are both western mass always have been and always will be, they are both no where even close to being considered central mass.

#2 Yes we have our fair share of lazy a@@hats who inhabit our city and surrounding towns adding nothing but spent welfair checks, no worse then boston or any central parts of the state though. I have been through plenty of other towns such as lowel (Crack/Herion city) which makes Springfield look like Longmeadow so i dont get why Springfield is always some but end of someone's joke in this state.

#3 The hall of fame is about a 5 minute drive down 91 from the holyoke mall.

#4 I have been to pretty much every mall in this state and not one of them comes even close to the amount of stores and space the holyoke mall has, the place is always packed with people and is one of the best kept and run malls in this country.

#5 This state basicly gives the city of Boston everything it needs times ten then distributes the scraps to every other town and city in this state leaving them basicly with nothing to work with. I love paying my taxes to see it go to the eastern side of the state only and wasted on Bull#@$# like the big dig!:rolleyes:

Yea but, the sports store really sucks, right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST